chapter 65

❝ hot blood boiling, chеst ablaze
fangs and claws, burnished glaze
adornеd in starlight, i shall reascend
above the watery abyss, transcendent. ❞

- 水龙吟 (samudrartha), yusuf ft. hoyo-mix.

 hoyo-mix

[ and... so it begins. ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N's hand was cramped from writing letters.

Hansuke and Keiko.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Kanao and Genya.

Gyomei.

Shinobu.

The other Hashira.

Ubuyashiki family.

Kanae...

All their letters were neatly stacked on the table in Y/N's room, dried and ready to be sent out whenever.

"Are you finished, Y/N-san?" Kazuha asked in a low voice, not wanting to disturb the Moon Hashira who let out silent tears.

"Yeah... Yeah, I am, Kazuha." Y/N nodded, wiping their eyes with the back of their hand. "Thank you."

"When would you like me to hand them out?"

"... In a few days time. You know Kagaya-kun is good at predicting times."

"Alright, as you say."

Two knocks turned Y/N's attention to the door, seeing the grey-patterned body of Akaza.

"You okay?"

"Mhmm," Y/N hummed, getting up from the chair to hug the demon, "I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine..." Akaza trailed off as he brought the Hashira into the hug. "But I'll leave you be on that topic. Did you want to train for a bit?"

Y/N nodded against his bare chest - for a demon, he was quite a warm-body. "Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

"Well, Kokushibo and I will get you to sleep for the last few days we spend here."

"Don't remind me... I'll miss you guys." Y/N mumbled, tightening their arms around the pink-haired demon.

"We won't be gone for long, considering how close those two are to perfecting it." Akaza responded, his head resting on their shoulder.

"I know," Y/N sighed, "Doesn't mean I won't miss you and your stupid remarks."

With a smack to the back of their head, Akaza let go of them and grabbed their hand, leading them towards the garden, moonlight being the only source of light.

"Come on, let's go train."

"Uggghhh..."

-

"Mitsuri-san, you didn't have to make this much food for me and Obanai-kun, you know?" Y/N muttered as sat at the table of Mitsuri's estate, a few bowls of steaming food in front of them, along with Obanai who sat quietly beside them. "Plus, we still have that sakura mochi I made for us for dessert."