chapter 26.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ the distance and the time between us
it'll never change my mind
'cause baby, i would die for you
baby, i would die for you, yeah. ❞

- die for you, the weeknd.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

After the meeting had been dismissed by Kagaya, Y/N stood and waited for the other Pillars to leave; they had bombarded the h/c haired in the meeting about Kibutsuji, which caused them to remember something that they wished to ask Kagaya.

Which leads us to Y/N sitting with Kagaya, both drinking a cup of tea.

"So, you managed to see a ghost from the past...?" Kagaya asked slowly after Y/N had explained everything about Yorrichi – who was actually just standing there, watching the two talk with a stoic face.

Y/N nodded, "Yes. It can't be a coincidence that after both of my eyes have been maimed at, that my sixth sense has seemed to..." Y/N went silent for a moment, thinking, "It's almost like it's improved, or unlocked a new ability. It happened when I was on deaths door."

"Hmm," Kagaya hummed, tilting his head, "It is said that humans can push passed their limit when the threat of death looms over them, perhaps it was your bodies way of trying to protect you? Being so close to death pushed your body to go passed your limit."

Yorrichi nodded, even though Kagaya couldn't see him, "He is correct, Y/N-san. I had been watching over you for quite a while, but not once did you see me, right? The first time you saw me was in the fight against Kibutsuji."

Y/N looked down at the cup and nodded, "That would make the most sense. But when it happened, Kibutsuji looked like he was... almost scared for a moment, putting on faux confidence. But that couldn't be, because whilst he did hesitate when he learned that I knew Moon Breathing, it didn't deter him. I said a few words after I thrown at a wall that really shook him."

Kagaya stayed silent, letting the words sink it.

"That might've been my fault," Y/N snapped their head towards Yoriichi, making Kagaya turn to the Moon Pillar in confusion.

"Oh, the ghost I can see is here."

"That's fine, what did he say to make you so shocked?" Kagaya asked, a small smile on his lips.

"When he elaborates with what he just said." Y/N deadpanned at Yoriichi who had a sheepish expression on his usually nonchalant face.

"As I've told you when we trained, I was the only Demon Slayer who came close to killing Kibutsuji Muzan, and what you said, is exactly what I said to him. Word for word." Yoriichi explained, a contemplative look in his eyes, "It may have gave him quite a scare, considering the fact that I nearly killed him and it would have taken him off guard."