chapter 27.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ let's put our thoughts on the wind
i will meet you in the future
let's love useless things. ❞

- yoku, eve.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Kyoujuro and Y/N had been called for a mission and had just finishing speaking with Kagaya and were ready to head out.

"Are you heading into battle?"

Both the Flame Pillar and Moon Pillar turned around to see Shinobu standing there with a smile.

"Is that you, Kocho-san?" Kyoujuro spoke, smiling brightly, "We just got some new information about a demon, and the slayers who confronted him got taken out. We're losing ranks and filers, too, now. We can't stand by and do nothing!"

"Could it be a Twelve Kizuki?" Shinobu asked, tilting her head slightly, looking at Y/N who remained silent, looking at the sky. Y/N was too preoccupied with the layer of dread that seemed to stick to their skin like a fly.

"Most likely, yes. It might be a member of the Upper ranks."

"It sounds like a difficult mission, but as long as you're going with Y/N-san, Rengoku-san, there's nothing to worry about."

"Kocho-san, what's your plan taking in the head-butting kid?" Kyoujuro asked, making the silent Moon Pillar turn their head towards the conversation. "You said you were going to add more Tsuguko, but I'm sure that's not the reason."

"Don't worry, it's not as if I'll gobble them up, all right?"

"Well, of course you wouldn't!"

Y/N couldn't help but snort in amusement at the pair as Kyoujuro turned and began walking away whilst laughing.

"I will see you after the mission, Shinobu-san." Y/N spoke softly, letting the top of their lips curl upwards.

Shinobu nodded, and watched as the two Pillars walk away, talking to each other. A feeling of fear curled into Shinobu's heart.

"Be careful."

-

"How about after this, we go out to eat, Y/N-san?" Kyoujuro's voice boomed as they ran alongside each other towards their mission, "My treat!

"Uhh..." Y/N stuttered, cheeks bathing in a warm red hue, and butterflies filling their stomach, "Free food. Why not?"

Kyoujuro smiled brightly at the h/c haired Pillar, who continued, "I also would not have rejected you if you said you just wanted to take me on a date, Kyoujuro-kun."

The Flame Pillar's face burst into a crimson red, his smile only widening, yet Y/N could see the gears in his brain going haywire - even thought his feet were on autopilot right now.