KOCHOU SHINOBU's ending

KOCHOU SHINOBU:

KOCHOU SHINOBU:

the butterfly

↪ song: cornfield chase by hans zimmer.

❝you were always there, weren't you? the first to see all my flaws, all my faults and all my imperfects... yet you were always there, right by my side. like a secret admirer; although, not much of a secret, now, is it?❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N knocked on the familiar wooden door, waiting to hear confirmation to come in; hearing a 'come in' a second later.

E/c eyes landing on the black-and-purple haired woman playing with all sorts of chemicals, they smiled. "What are you concocting up this time, my love?"

"I'm trying out this new seasoning we could try in our food tomorrow," Shinobu murmured, still rather concentrated on the concoction.

Y/N paid attention, making sure she had nothing dangerous in her hands before wrapping their own arms around her waist, letting their head rest of her shoulder. "For the chicken, right?"

"Mhm," Shinobu muttered, biting her lower lip as she concentrated, unfased by the arms around her waist and the head on her shoulder.

Y/N patiently waited for a good ten minutes - keeping themself latched onto the butterfly woman - until they got bored.

"Shinobuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu," Y/N whined, only causing the woman to sigh, already used to the others theatrics.

"Later, I'm busy."

"But you need a break!" Y/N persisted, "Come on, a ten minute break; that's not so bad, and you can go straight back to your work - which I don't know why you do it, when this is the afterlife!"

Shinobu bit her lower lip again, an inner debating happening within her.

Though it took less than 5 seconds for her to nod and make sure everything was safely on the table and wouldn't fall over.

Y/N pulled Shinobu to the middle of the room and grabbed her waist, looking down at her. Instinctually, Shinobu put her hands around Y/N's shoulders, playing the back of their neck.

"We haven't danced for a while, have we?"

Shinobu let a shy smile grace her face, eyes turning into crescent moons. "No, we haven't."

Y/N beamed and started humming, slowly moving the both of them to the small rhythm, graciously created by the deceased Moon Hashira. 

Twirling the butterfly woman around, and dipping her, Y/N quickly pecked her lips before bringing her back up. A small blush blooming on Shinobu's cheeks.

A laugh tumbled out both of their lips when Shinobu went onto her tippy toes and tried to spin Y/N, only to catch her arm on the head, causing them to bend their knees to pass under her arm.

"Do you think Kanae will kill us?"

"KANAE WON'T KILL YOU! BUT YOU COULD AT LEAST INVITE HER NEXT TIME YOU DECIDE TO HAVE A DANCE PARTY!"

The two's heads snapped towards the door, only to see Kanae standing there, hands on her hips and brows knitted together in a fake angry expression.

Y/N waved towards the floor, "Feel free to dance for us, Kanae, I'm sure your skills are lovely."

Kanae gasped, scandalised, "I am amazing at dancing! I'll show you."

What proceeded next, need not be known, as Y/N would like to protect your eyes and minds from the absolute and complete buffoonery and ridiculousness that was Kanae's dance.