AGATSUMA ZENITSU's ending

AGATSUMA ZENITSU:

AGATSUMA ZENITSU:

the lover

↪ song: time by the rose.

❝people will call you a lot of things; a coward, a crybaby, an idiot... but i'd still call you ethereal. you were my second chance at love.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"You know," Y/N starts, laying back on the (faux) grass, the sun shining down, never moving from its spot high in the sky. "I think, looking back on it. We rarely ever had our own moments."

Zenitsu turned his head to the side to look at them and hummed. He turned back to look at the sky before responding, "I guess... I never really felt the need to, I just felt like we'd always find each other when we needed."

Humming, Y/N nodded, "Yeah, we did, didn't we? You were always somehow right by my side every time. You were always ready to listen to my random mumblings over books; even if you weren't all that interested."

"You made it interesting," Zenitsu mumbled, flustered, "The way you spoke about things, the way you found little details that not even the most expert reader would find. You made everything sound so interesting... It was beautiful. You are beautiful."

Y/N let out an exhale, speechless for the first time in many years. "You know you already have my heart, right?"

"That's cheesy, even for you!!"

They let the laugh tumble out their lips, Zenitsu soon joining their laughter. 

Calming down, Y/N let their head rest on Zenitsu's chest, letting the tranquility cover them like a warm blanket.

A warm pair of lips pecked their forehead, making their cheeks heat up a dark red.

"You've always had mine, as well,"

"...Who's the cheesy one now?"

"You're the one blushing!!"

Zenitsu giggled as he continued, "I had a lot of people flirt with me during my life before, but I never got married; not when I knew deep down that I only wanted you, and that you were waiting for me here."

"...People flirted with you?" Y/N side-eyed the yellow-haired man, half from jealousy, half jokingly.

"Yes," Zenitsu poked their nose with a smile, "People flirted with me. I know, I know, you'd never believe it! But you can ask Inosuke when he comes here!"

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "You think he'll take your side?"

He huffed, brows knitted together, "Yes- No... Maybe? Probably not."

"Heh," Y/N forced their laughter down.

"But truly, I think I kind of knew you were... it, for me when you came in to check on Tanjiro." Zenitsu spoke in a hushed whisper, protecting this circle of peace they had created. "I don't think I knew it then, but I remember I felt like something finally went right in life; something that I couldn't be cowardly about; something I had to face. I may have overdramatised myself, been a coward, a crybaby and an idiot, but I think I knew deep-down that I've genuinely loved you from when we came from the fight with Daki and Gyutaro. I just didn't realise it until I had lost you already."

Zenitsu sat up, holding Y/N's head with his hands to place them on his lap, and looked over them, as soft as snow; as bright as a flash of lightning.

Y/N could only smile affectionately, "And now, we have all the time in the world together, Zenitsu. It doesn't matter what happened before; what matters is now, and how we choose to spend our time together."

Zenitsu leans forward, his lips meeting theirs in a soft, loving kiss.