chapter 25.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ i keep my ideals
we each have our own lives
my love and dreams are so dangerously easy to ignite. ❞

- odd future, uverworld.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Anger was something that came in a spectrum for Y/N, a difference in each type of anger. Not that they had felt much anger in their life (from what they could recall). Usually, before anything happened, Y/N would stay away from whatever was the cause of such a strong emotion. They had kept up their stoic mask for far too long for anything to bother them - that and the fact that normally, nothing did bother them. Apart from Kibutsuji, but that was a whole other story, considering everything that had happened.

Nonetheless, anger was not something Y/N felt much of.

The anger that was like a flower. With every petal that falls, the restraint on their will began to falter, like the petals were ropes to hold back whatever the feeling. Slowly, but surely breaking underneath the pressure that was pulling it.

When asked, people described the feeling of anger to be like a boiling sensation beneath their skin, or the old volcano metaphor, yet, Y/N felt none of those.

One of the first times that Y/N had felt such a feeling and it was because of their friends.

The Moon Pillar stood to the side, next to the familiar black-haired Water Pillar. They had arrived back at the Headquarters, waiting for Kagaya's arrival, and Tanjiro had yet to wake up.

However, that was not the problem; the problem was the chattering amongst the other Hashira that Y/N considered friends. The way they spoke of Tanjiro and Nezuko had Y/N tightly clenching their fists together, nails digging into their hand, creating crescent shaped dents in their palm.

Feeling the soft hand of Giyuu unwrapping their right hand gently, and taking it into his own hands, Y/N took a deep breath and unclenched their hands and let Giyuu hold onto their right hand.

It grounded the Moon Pillar.

Y/N zoned out, the chattering of the other Hashira sounding like they were far away now, focusing on Giyuu's rhythmic breathing, copying him.

"Wake up!"

Y/N turned to the voice, seeing a Kakushi kneeling in front of Tanjiro.

"Hey, I said wake up!"

If the situation wasn't so serious, Y/N would've let out a laugh, finding the scene amusing. Tanjiro could be a heavy sleeper when he wanted to be.

"Wake... Hey! Hey you! Come on, you! Come on!" The Kakushi continued to yell, "Are you gonna sleep all day? Wake the hell up, will you?"