Small Q&A :)

HI HI EVERYONE, this is the small q&a I promised. Currently typing this after I literally handed in my last assignment. It's 21:49pm 22nd Dec, lmao.
(Why am I publishing this the day after??? Ren did you not publish it??)
(Note: I was too busy playing discord games with my irl friends cuz we were celebrating finishing our assignments... 💀)

By Your1LocalSimpp: what gave you the inspiration to create star lost in general?

I'm not actually sure. I had scoured wattpad for kny books that had something that was perfect for me once I had finished the manga, and sure, there's many, many, amazing books out there that I enjoyed reading, but nothing scratched the itch that I had. And I thought to myself; "I like to write. Why don't I write one?"

So literally, the day before I published Star Lost, which was published on 27th December, I brainstormed the whole day. Create a character that was the embodiment of something I loved; moon and the stars. Bits of information came to me randomly through the day, and I wrote it down. Wrote down information that I knew was going to happen *cough* y/n's death *cough*, and began from there. The next day I made the prologue and chapter one and published it. :)

By Virtual_202: Okay, first one's more of a suggestion than a question, but do you have drafts of those 'unfinished' things that never made it here? You could dump them into a separate chapter or so, I'd love to read them! (Even if they are just drafts, just to know what happens/happened)

I currently don't have drafts for those unfinished things that never made it in, but I do have a small list of what it would have been.

There was a chapter where I wanted to just have Akaza, Kokushibo and Y/N all just chilling in their house and playfully arguing, and playing board games before Infinity Castle arc. Kind of like a slice-of-life, fluffy type chapter. Yoriichi was there as well, sitting next to Koku and doing random stuff to make Y/N laugh (which is his favourite sound btw).

There was another one that involved Y/N actually meeting Obanai when he was taken in by the Rengoku family, along with one with Mitsuri, but I was never able to really fit it in anywhere that felt appropriate. There was also a little scene that Y/N had with Senjuro that I couldn't put it either.

Another one was of Muzan and Y/N, back in their fight. It was supposed to be way more intimate that the one I published, but I felt it didn't make too much sense, so I ended up rewriting it and losing the draft. :(

One last one I will say, it involved Douma and Y/N. There was a lot more to their relationship than first meets the eye. You see it when Y/N remembers Douma just helping them after they say that it didn't matter than he was a demon, and I originally had a lot more scenes with Y/N and Douma, but never made the cut, unfortunately. :(

If you guys are interested, I can always start writing them as little extras for you, if you want? I'll be focusing on dlmlu and silent cry for now, but I'll definitely do it if it's something you guys want. :)

By Virtual_202:  What about Muzan? Like, both Aka, and Koku went to hell, with reader, right? So did they meet him? What did they do when they met him?

Do people know that comic of someone interviewing the demons in hell about the Hashira? I like to believe that in one of those scenes after Muzan's interview, you'll see Y/N in the background beating Muzan up as either Akaza or Koku watching with a proud smile.

Seriously, if they met him, which I'm sure Y/N thought about when waiting for Akaza and Koku, then they'd have a hell of a time using him as a scapegoat for anything in Hell. Snitching? Blame Muzan. Someone in Hell made a ruckus (that wasn't Muzan)? You'll see Y/N pointing and snickering at Muzan.

By Mirunescent: will you be making a sequel or anything similar?

Unfortunately not. I think where I left it was perfect for the character that was Y/N, as her whole journey as themself was to be a protector. Their life was practically laid out in front of them because of the Tsugikuni brothers. When Michikatsu turned into Kokushibo, that's when Y/N's life ended before it had even begun.

I always thought that it was unfair in Demon Slayer that Yoriichi was the only one powerful enough to even get close to Muzan, until Tanjiro came along. And things need balance, right? So, I just thought... Where there is a sun, there's a moon. And considering Y/N was already, well, completed, it fit perfectly.

Yoriichi died, because he couldn't kill his brother, so Kokushibo lived. Y/N righted that wrong in the balance, and became the reason Tanjiro lived, instead of dying.

By DuruKes: Do you know any other languages? Was writing this book enjoyable? Can you show us some comments you've laughed at/enjoyed reading? it can be from any book! Can you give some hints about your country? if you wanna ofc

I don't! But I'm currently on like.... a 15 day streak on Duolingo trying to learn Korean? LOL, does that count?

This book was a complete joy to write. I think this'll always be my baby, the first book I ever finished, and genuinely enjoyed writing. It was fun, seeing everyone freak out in some chapters and knowing what would happen next, and even when I simped over characters (*ahem* Yoriichi *ahem*) with my own writing.

I have many. God... uh, I'll have to go through and check, gimme like 5 minutes.

Ok there's so so many of these but... "RICKY/AUTHOR... WHEN I CATCH YOU..." these comments had me fucking dying every time... I loved it.

Also the therapy comments. Had. Me. Dead. Because there's no way I could pay for you guys, if I can't even pay for myself. Someone said something about a family plan... hm... let me check my notes. Ah yes, "MotherButter" responded to my comment under my reply to unkn0wn3nt1ty's comment with, "make it a family plan". Looks like you guys are my family now. Idk how to feel about that. Who wants to be who??

Also. I see. All. Your. Comments. About. Yoriichi. I too agree, something was purring alright. <3 I definitely had a slight bias with Yoriichi considering he's literally my no. 1 favourite character from demon slayer and probably overall.

There's a lot more comments that have made me laugh during this time of writing the book, and I think it'd be a whole chapter of just comments if I could. (This also includes silent cry and dlmlu, cuz you guys are extremely hilarious sometimes).

Also, I've made it known, but I'm from the UK! :)

As always, thank you guys! And as it's getting closer... if you celebrate it:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you all have fun and have a good year. I can't wait to see all your reactions to what I have planned for my books. :)

And also; with a small break, I should be able to get some chapters for both silent cry and dlmlu, and have some chapters pre-written... but I make no promises as I'm spending time with family and I have work... 😭
- ren. <3