KANROJI MITSURI/IGURO OBANAI's ending

KANROJI MITSURI, IGURO OBANAI:

the soulmates

↪ song: we go down together by dove cameron.

❝in some books, i've read that some people, no matter where, what place, or what universe they were in, they always found each other in the end, they had one specific name... and that's all i can think describes us. we'll find each other whether we're in different times, different universes. we're soulmates.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N opened the bakery door, the bell ringing, signalling they had come in. A flash of pink and green hair greeted them just before they were pulled into a hug.

"Y/NNNNNNNNNN!"

With a laugh, Y/N pat Mitsuri's head and untangled themself from her. "Morning, Mitsuri. How's the bakery going for opening?"

"It's going well," Obanai's voice spoke up from inside the kitchen, behind the counter. "Mitsuri keeps getting distracted by her ring. Even when it's not on her finger; it's on the shelf for safe-keeping."

"Mitsuri, baby," Y/N looked down at the woman, who pouted, a small flush forming on her cheeks, "We open in an hour, and I know it's new and fresh, but we're not on our honeymoon anymore," Y/N then whispered; "unfortunately."

They turned to look at her (now newly wedded) wife, seizing her with a lighthearted glare, "You can brag to our regulars about the wedding and the honeymoon but for now, focus on baking."

Mitsuri deepened her pout, to which Y/N only pecked her lips and walked forward, giving a peck to Obanai too, in greeting. "Morning Obanai,"

Even with the mask covering his face, Y/N could see his cheeks lightly flush, and the small smile that slipped onto his face, "Morning."

Mitsuri sighed in faux sadness, but immediately brightened up upon realising Y/N was beginning to put on an apron, looking through the storage they had, most likely looking for the ingredients to make sakura mochi.

Obanai shook his head softly with a smile, the few bits of hair that had fallen from his small ponytail flying around with the movement.

An hour later, they opened their bakery and their regulars soon came in; all deprived of the "Stars, Snakes and Soulmates" baked goods from the (now) L/N-Iguro family. 

Mitsuri, as allowed by Y/N (though she would never actually need permission), gushed and bragged about the wedding ceremony and the honeymoon to the eager regulars who were ready for whatever gossip Mitsuri had found. Both Obanai and Y/N would act like it wasn't a big deal, but inside, they were just as giddy and ready to brag as Mitsuri, just not in a social setting.

(They did blush quite a bit when Mitsuri had accidentally blurted out they had broken two beds in the two week timeframe.)

A few hours after closing, they were all laying on their king-sized bed - one that would actually fit them all, and also allow room for moving around (though, they only ended up hugging each other tighter) - with soft, ambient music playing in the background. 

Y/N turned onto their side, putting one of their arms under Mitsuri's head, interlaced with Obanai's hand, the other over her waist and grab onto Obanai's other hand and Mitsuri's hand clutching onto it. Mitsuri was in the middle facing Obanai, with Obanai facing Mitsuri and Y/N.

They slept peacefully like this, being able to see one another, or holding onto one another. Like if they let go, then they'd lose each other.