chapter 70

❝ but you never saw my sacrifice,
or all the nights i had to struggle to survive
had to lose it all to win the fight
i had to fall so many times. ❞

- last one standing, skylar grey.

[ i'm ngl, this is not my best chapter

[ i'm ngl, this is not my best chapter. i'm sorry. :c ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Kazuha!" Y/N called out, letting Inosuke down, making sure his back was against the wall. Kanao sat down next to him, breathing somewhat stable now.

A moment passed and Kazuha flew down and landed on top of Y/N's shoulder, nuzzling his head against their cheek.

"Yes, Y/N-san?"

"Where to next?" They asked bluntly, subtly looking over both the Slayers that had sat down.

Kazuha crooned softly, tilting his head. His soft scarf rubbing against their neck, comforting them a little. "Are you sure?"

"I am," Y/N nodded, shifting their e/c eyes to their crow, "I have enough energy, and I didn't do much during the fight with Douma."

The red-scarfed crow stared at his Slayer, wariness and worry clear as day. He thought for a moment; he could hear the young Uyubashiki yell at him, "I can show you the way,"

A light smirk crossed Y/N's face. Kazuha could always end up reading their mind without saying a word.

"Where will you go, Y/N-san?" Kanao whispered in question.

Y/N stopped mid-step, and looked back at the black-haired butterfly from over their shoulder, "Somewhere to keep him busy."

Her breath stuttered in her throat; could they mean? She tried to get up, but slumped back down once she found it too much trouble, and could only call out her final sentence.

"Please, be careful, Y/N-san."

Y/N turned back around fully just before the door closed with a raised eyebrow and a smile that soften at the edges, yet still was as sharp as the blade that sat in their sheath, "Of course. He won't know what's coming."

The door shut in their face as they took a deep, steady breath, heart stuttering in their chest. They didn't know what would happen; but they would make sure to see them again.

"Let's go, Kazuha."

-

"Well, Tamayo?" Muzan all but smiled as he held her head, claw digging into her almost-disintegrated head, "It appears your medicine for transforming demons back into humans didn't work in the end."

Tamayo only grit her deep together, growling at the man, lavender-slitted eyes glaring venomously at the man- no, the monster in front of her. "Today, you are surely... going to... hell. They will make sure of that."