chapter 53

❝ i wanna take you somewhere so you know i care
but it's so cold and i don't know where
i brought you daffodils in a pretty string
but they won't flower like they did last spring . ❞

- another love, tom odell.

[genya genya genya genya genya genya genya

gunna have some fluff with genya after that heartbreaking recent episode. <3
been waiting for that to be animated since i first read it in the manga...]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N woke up the next day to the smell of delicious food wafting into their room, rousing them from their sleep. A knock was heard on the door, then the sound of the door sliding open made Y/N look away from the ceiling (that they had been staring at for a good couple of minutes, contemplating their existence...as they do). Green and pink hair came into view, along with Mitsuri's blushing face.

"Good morning, Y/N-san." Mitsuri's cheerful voice spoke up, "Food is ready, so I thought I'd come  wake you up so we can eat together before we go off to find our respective swordsmiths!"

'Oh... right.'

Y/N groaned and put their arm across their face, covering their eyes. Taking a deep breath, they opened their eyes and removed their arm to stare at Mitsuri with a small smile, "I'll be with you in a moment, Mitsuri-san. Give me a few minutes."

"Okay! I'll wait for you outside."

Mitsuri left with a smile, humming along to a small tune, leaving the Moon Hashira alone.

They were exhausted - not having slept very well the night before, even with the nice, relaxing evening, along with finally meeting Genya. There was a slight feeling in their bones that something was going to go wrong by the end of the week, yet, they didn't understand why - this village was one of the most well-kept secrets, even within the corps itself and the people within it.

Y/N pushed away those thoughts and got up from their futon, rubbing their tired eyes and sighing.

"If something goes wrong, it's fine..." Y/N murmured to themselves whilst picking up their uniform and black-and-purple-kimono, "Both Mitsuri and I are here... as well as Shinazugawa."

Another sigh left their lips just as they finished getting ready.

"It'll be fine."

-

Eating with Mitsuri (along with the vacant spot where Shinazugawa was supposed to sit) was enjoyable as always. The Love Hashira rambling on and on about things that interested her in the village - the animals she saw when she went for a stroll.

Except, when Y/N and Mitsuri were walking to where they usual ate their food, a couple of swordsmiths decided it was a good idea to seemingly undress Mitsuri with their eyes. Y/N was not happy.