chapter 29.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ the night will hold us close,
and the stars will guide us home,
i've been waiting for this moment. ❞

- after dark, mr. kitty.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Now, what the hell was that?" A familiar voice spoke, making Y/N turn towards the pink-haired man who only looked at them with a small smirk.

Y/N glared at him, pursing their lips together and gripped the bokken tighter, "I'm training!"

The man raised his eyebrow at the child, before laughing – a deep laugh resonated through his body. The little human was far too humorous. He was glad he kept them alive.

"That's pretty pathetic."

"Well, I'm only ten years old!" The h/c haired whined, pouting at the demon, "You're like... hundreds of years old. You're an old man!"

The man gasped, faux shock on his face, "Old man? That's so rude!"

"Hmph!" The child crossed their arms, still pouting.

"Come on, come on. I'll show you the proper techniques." The demon calmed down and walked closer to the e/c eyed child, "I can't have you being weak. I hate weak people."

"I'll be the strongest person for you, mister!" Y/N exclaimed, eyes twinkling with excitement, "Then I can protect you, like you protected me!"

"I don't think it'll ever come to that, considering my status as a demon. But you can try," The demon let a soft smile slip on his face, ruffling the child's hair.

The child positioned themselves into a stance, making the demon scoff. He moved their body, correcting their posture.

'Huh... why does this feel familiar?' Y/N thought, 'Where's Kyoujuro-kun? Wait...Who—Who's Kyoujuro-kun?'

Y/N shook those thoughts away, this was one of the rare moments that the demon could properly spend time with them.

The pink-haired man looked at the child and sighed, "Don't worry, he's coming today too. He's just finishing a mission."

The child visibly brightened at the mention of the other demon.

"You could at least try to hide your favouritism, Y/N."

Y/N huffed, "I don't have a favourite! I just like seeing his moons! They're pretty!"

"Uh huh, yeah." The pink haired demon raised his eyebrow at them, "Of course."

The child deadpanned at him, making him snort in amusement. He sighed and continued correcting the child's arm before standing back and nodding at them.