epilogue

❝ i imagine you in the night sky
you comforting me somewhere
don't matter, even if i lose everything right now
i'd endure it by thinking of you
i'll go anywhere. ❞

- star lost, stray kids.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Thank you for coming. This is the final Hashira meeting..."

"...Gyomei. Muichiro."

Gyomei, a few bandages still wrapped around his head, a few on his chest, but otherwise seemed healthy and fine.

Muichiro, much in a similar condition, though with less bandages, but he winced as he shifted in his seat, clutching his waist.

The young Master Ubuyashiki smiled gratefully at the two, "You are the only surviving Hashira and many rank-and-file corps members died. However, we successfully eradicated the demons... Thus the Demon Slayer Corps disbands today."

"Understood." The two Hashira responded.

"For many years, fighters such as yourselves risked their lives," Kanata started.

"...And fought bravely to save the people of the world," Kuina continued.

"All of us in the Ubuyashiki family extend our heartfelt gratitude." All three of the siblings bowed deeply on their knees, heartfelt appreciation and respect warming their voices and filling their beings; even after everything the siblings had to endure.

"There is no need to bow, young ones," Gyomei spoke softly, "We have all lost much in this war, and such, your family has been a guiding light to those who needed it, as such..."

"The Ubuyashiki family took me in when I was younger and gave me a purpose... helped me find what was important, and helped me remember," Muichiro spoke up, his voice as soft as a whisper, "Helped me find someone who I will always remember. The Demon Slayer Corps held us all together, even when we fought each other, even when things seemed like it would all fall apart."

Gyomei nodded, "I agree with young Tokito. We all found something, and lost something. Kiriya, Kinata, Kuina... You all did exceedingly well, your father would be proud of you."

Kiriya, with his eyes welling up with tears, asked in such a small voice, Gyomei felt his heartstrings tug, just as they did whenever Y/N had done something of the same. "Would Y/N-san be proud of me?"

With the most tender smile Gyomei could show, he responded; "They would be eternally proud, and thankfully for all the Ubuyashiki family has done for not just them, but for everyone they loved."

Muichiro nodded as well, "They would want you to live happily,"

"Happy; free from the burden that was cast upon your father and your ancestors. They would all be proud of you." Gyomei finished.

That's all it took for the three siblings to burst out crying.

Gyomei and Muichiro smiled softly at the younger three, knowing as true those words ring.

Y/N would be proud of all of them.

-

ONE YEAR LATER

"Hello, little moon,"

Gyomei sat down, placing a bowl of f/f in front of him. A gravestone in front of him. The sun slowly rising in the background, casting a beautiful golden glow on the grave, as well as painting the sky in hues of oranges and yellows.