chapter 50

❝ i could have been somebody you don't recognise
different figure, new design
i'm just a body that you used to know. ❞

- same soul, pvris.

[filler koku brainrot

[filler koku brainrot... also very ooc koku . i apologies]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

A few days before Tanjiro woke up, Y/N was sent on a small mission, one that wouldn't have lasted even a night - or at least shouldn't have. Even when they weren't supposed to technically be on them right now, Kagaya has asked if they wanted to get back into the swing of things - a part from their usual patrol area - with a small mission, and they couldn't say no to the man.

It was the usual - be there by nightfall, get information and slay the demon before the sun rises the next day.

The information Kagaya had given them - messaged through Kazuha, who was currently on their shoulder - was very limited, only that people of all ages were being killed, and no specific gender was being targeted.

It seemed like the demon just about killed anyone.

"So, this demon could technically be an Upper Moon or Lower Moon, Kazuha?"

"...Yes, Oyakata-sama was unsure, as his precognition was cloudy with this one mission. It felt you were best suited, an easily adaptable Hashira."

Y/N tsked but nodded, "That's alright, it just makes things harder for me."

The Moon Hashira began walking through the small town, taking note of the sad atmosphere and the mourning expressions of just about anyone. They only stopped when they were about to walk into someone, the person bumping into them nonetheless.

Y/N put their arms out to steady the person who looked up with red-ringed eyes with dark bags under his eyes, and blotchy cheeks, lips set into a frown.

"Are you alright?"

A stupid question, but one that instigates trust.

"...You're new to this town, aren't you? Get as far away as you can." The man in question responded.

"I'm actually here to help," Y/N replied, making sure the man was steady before pulling their arms back, "Would you mind telling me what's been happening?"

The man sighed, crossing his arms, frown still set in place. Eyes narrowed at the Hashira in front of him, unsure whether they were being truthful.

A minute passed, the man then put his hand to his forehead and sighed again, nodding.

"Young brothers have been going missing... Killed," The man whispered the last part, eyes darting everywhere in case any were to try and listen in, "It happens at night, and they are usually found in their beds, blood soaking their futons. Sometimes even their right hands are missing it's peculiar."