RENGOKU KYOUJURO's ending

RENGOKU KYOUJURO:

RENGOKU KYOUJURO:

the flame

↪ song: youth by daughter.

❝the things i've read in books; many go on to say that there's a special connect between a couple when they were friends beforehand... i think that's why we get along so well; friends to lovers, right? although, i think we were always more than 'just friends'.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N burst out laughing upon seeing Kyoujuro's face when he struggled to pull a weed out. 

It was only when he did pull it out, that he fell backwards onto his bossom, that Y/N gave up on what they were doing and just cackled like a witch. 

"YOU-"

"Y/N, DON'T YOU DARE!" He pointed a gloved hand at them, a face twisted into a faux angry expression.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Y/N let a few more laughs tumble out before calming down, "That was fucking hilarious. A grown man struggling to pull a weed out."

Kyoujuro just put his hands on his hips and furrowed his brows, "You try it then!" He gestured animatedly towards the flowers and weeds next to him.

Raising an amused brow, "I already have," Y/N then gestured to their own bunch of weeds.

Kyoujuro only grumbled under his breath, causing Y/N to smile, even more amused at his childish antics; ones he was never able to let loose, even with his younger brother when he was alive.

Y/N walked over to him, pecking his lips and ruffling his hair (completely messing it up), "Go have a drink, I can finish up here."

"Are you sure?" He asked, "I can still help."

"I know you can, babe," Y/N smiled warmly, "But there's not a lot left and we've done a lot today; go have a rest, I'll join you in a few."

Kyoujuro stared at them, switching between the their two eyes. Ultimately, he nodded and went into the Rengoku estate (that had been transferred to their little bubble of the afterlife).

Y/N hummed as they continued their gardening - they'd been wanting to start a garden here alike the mine in their own estate, but more personalised to them and Kyoujuro.

As they continued, they didn't notice the man himself, sitting on the engawa, drinking his tea and just watching them with complete and utter devotion and love in his eyes. 

It was only when they stood up, now completed their daily goal for gardening, that they noticed Kyoujuro staring.

"What?" They asked, their lips twitching upwards. 

Kyoujuro hummed, hiding his own smile behind his cup, "Nothing."

Shaking their head, Y/N walked over to the engawa and sat next to him, taking off their gloves and leaning their head on his shoulder with a sigh.

"It was hard," Kyoujuro said suddenly.

"Hm?"

"It was hard, the first three years without you." Kyoujuro explained, eyes staring at the slowly growing garden, unabashed love in them. "There wasn't a single day that I didn't think of you; and it hurt. It hurt like hell... then I slowly started to heal, and there were days I could wake up, and thinking about you didn't hurt. Some days it still hurt, especially during your anniversary or your birthday... but I'm glad I got through it. So I could come back to you when it felt right."

Y/N smiled, "I'm proud of you, Kyo. I... understand how unexpected losses can affect people, and I never meant for it to happen, but I would never apologise."

"I never expected you to. You were always the self-sacrificial type." His eyes glanced down at their stomach where there was once a hole-shaped scar.

"I'm glad we're here now."

"So am I."