Missing Child in Konoha!

Kakashi and another Anbu named Itachi landed on a roof near the chaos down one of the back alleys. Pointing to the location of the disturbance they made the silent conversation to investigate.

Seeing a small blond boy, Kakashi knew exactly what was happening. This was Naruto's birthday, meaning the villagers started a fox hunt. Anger burned in his chest as the two Anbu landed between the angry civilians and the broken Jinchuriki.

Throwing out waves of killer intent separated the crowds quickly. Turning to grab the boy, he was shocked to see just blood on the ground. Moving to the roof tops they searched. Finding the trail, he followed it to an intersection only for there to be just blood from the kid.

Looking through his dog mask he looked over at Itachi, "Weasel. I want you to gather as many Anbu as possible. We must find Naruto as soon as possible."

Itachi looked up at his Captain, "Hai." Disappearing the two Anbu went in different directions. Kakashi went straight to the Hokage office.

Appearing in front of the Third Hokage, he was already bowed on one knee, "Dog why are you not on patrol?" Tabacco smoke filled the air around the office as Hiruzen exhaled. "Sorry Lord Third. The villagers had attacked Naruto again. We tried to retrieve him only he is missing. I have Anbu searching for him right now."

Slamming his fist against the desk the old man stood up killer intent causing all the Anbu in the room to feel dizzy. "Get me Hiashi Hyuuga, Fugaku Uchiha, and Shikaku Nara. NOW!" In a second Kakashi was gone to retrieve the two Clan heads.

Not to long after Kakashi reappears with both the Hyuuga and Nara heads. Hiashi bowed, "Lord Hokage."

Shikaku bowed as well, "My Anbu have already informed me. Our Jinchuriki is missing. I'll have both Dog and Weasel reprimanded"

The Uchiha bowed to the old shinobi, "Hello Lord third."

Hiruzen shook his head, "Leave us. Dog Weasel stay." All the Anbu leave and Hiruzen activated a silent seal around the room. "Itachi is this related to the ROOT?"

Coming forward out of the shadows Itachi shook his head, "No Lord Third. He believes my father has stolen the Jinchuriki."

Fugaku turned red in rage, "He what?! Why would I steal the child. Minato was as much of a rival as a friend!"

Hiashi nodded, "It would not be sound for Uchiha to steal him." Fugaku gave a thankful look at his rival.

Sighing Shikaku looked between the leaders and the two Anbu, "You said the ROOT. Why would they try to steal the child?"

Hiruzen took a huff from his pipe, "Danzo runs the Root program, he wanted to take the boy after Minato and Kushina's death. I denied the man. Later a rumor came to light that the Uchiha clan had released the demon fox to overthrow the village." Nobody said anything but Hiruzen could see the rage in the Uchiha clan head.

"The civilian council expanded this by forcing the Uchiha clan out of the village to the current compound. I have tried to stop any blood shed between your clan Fugaku and the rest the village." Everyone could feel the rage in the air.

"As you sent Itachi to spy on me, he has been spying on Danzo and the rest of the ROOT as well as your clan for the village."

Fukaku looked between Shikaku and the Hokage, "So you want to rid the village of us as well?" Hiruzen shook his head, "No I want peace between you and the village."

Fugaku looked at him and relaxed his shoulders, "What do you need of me? I would like to see my clan survive."

Hiruzen smiled, "I need you and Hiashi to send out ninja in pairs, one Uchiha and one Hyuuga to look for the boy. Afterwards I will hold a meeting with the clan heads on how to deal with the ROOT." Both nodded and bowed before taking their leave.