Land of Waves Part 1 (Nothing is as it seems)

Getting further and further from Konoha, Team 7 kept their guard up. Shikamru and Mito had never been outside the village before. Kakashi could see both were tense and a little paranoid. Naruto, who grew up out of the village was relaxed. In fact he seemed more relaxed out of the village than he does in it.

Mito looked back at the blond Archer, "Naruto, why are you so relaxed?" Looking at Mito he smiled, "I grew up outside the village. I feel safer surrounded by trees then people ya know!"

Looking between the exchange Shikamru couldn't help but wonder why Naruto was so nervous in the village. He thought he had imagined it, but apparently not. Looking at his sensei he saw an emotion he couldn't place.

After hours of traveling Team 7 decided it was time to set up camp for the night. "Shikamaru I want you to get a fire ready. Naruto send clones out to to scout the area. Mito, you are going to help me set traps around the campsite." Everyone nodded and got to work.

After setting his last trap Kakashi approached Naruto, "Do you know any barrier seals Naruto?" Looking up at his sensei with a smile, "Hai. But it is only a simple one. Nothing crazy."

Nodding Kakashi gave him an eye smile, "That will work fine. Set one up." Pulling out paper he drew symbols on it, Shikamru watched curiously. "Fuinjutsu, Blanket Barrier Seal." A orb appeared around the camp then disappeared.

Mito looked at Naruto in shock, "What was that?" Looking between his teammates he smiled, "Fuinjutsu, my mom has taught me a lot. I have a long ways to go though."

Shikamru sighed, "Naruto we have all become friends over the last year. Yet your still a mystery." Looking up at the blond he saw a sign of fear in his eyes.

"We are a team Naruto." Looking at Mito he saw her reassuring smile. "What happened to you. It's like you've been trained from birth to fight the world. The villagers look at you like your evil and you just disappeared when we.were little. Shikamru and I both notice."

Naruto looked between his teammates. Feeling his eyes filling with water he stood up. "I'm Gunna check on the barrier." Smiling at them he walked away. Tazuna watched the whole thing confused.

Sitting next to the fire Kakashi spoke, "Give him time guys. You have only been on a team for a few weeks." Looking up he saw Shikamaru looking where the other boy had left. "He just doesn't know how to talk about it yet."

Shikamru's eyes went wide with shock. Looking at his sensei, "You know about his life then?" Looking between his students he nods, "Yes, but it's his story to tell."

Naruto sat in a tree branch watching his clones. Suddenly Kurama entered his thoughts, "Ah brat. You shouldn't be such a coward and tell them."

Letting out a sigh he leaned back and rested his head against the tree, "What if they hate me though. I'm honestly glad I'm the one you're sealed in. I don't know if I can take them hating me for that. I've been lucky with Mom, Dad, and Yui."

He felt his chest warm up, Kurama was letting his presence calm him. "It wasn't your choice. They will see that. Besides, I can't have a weak host so grow up." Naruto chuckled. Even if the fox won't truly admit it, they were definitely friends. "Why are you glad I'm sealed in you?"

Thinking about it for a minute he smiled, "Because, it means I'm never alone." Kurama was floored. In all his years being trapped in humans, he had never thought one would tell him something like that. Closing his eyes he let himself drift to sleep as he contemplated his relationship with the boy.

Waking up Naruto looked around, jumping out of the tree he met back up with the rest of Team 7. "Sorry guys, me and my clones got carried away!" Shikamru shook his head, "you fell asleep watching the stars didn't you?" Giving out a nervous laugh he grabbed his Yumi and started walking.