Nominated for the Chunin Exams!

Team 7 spent the next few days training together. Naruto had moved up to using wakizashi with wind chakra and was working on his Yumi and arrows now. He also had master two of the three jutsu Asuma gave him.

He had fully mastered the Wind Gale Palm. In his spars with Shika and Mito he used it to throw them off balance or with two clones to launch himself at them. The Wind Gale Wolf he could use with hand signs creating eight wolves or with no signs making three. Wind Gale Blade he can use with signs but struggles without. Asuma had told him that he should be able to use it without a blade at all but it won't be quite as strong.

The rest of the team had improved as well. Mito could create mud clones, Med Shiruken, Stone armor, and Mud Wall. Her technique with her tanto had advanced well and she even started to use the body Flickr similar to Shisui.

Shikamaru though was the most surprising. Kakashi found out the boy had an affinity for Lightning release. Shikamaru immediately started to apply the lightning to his shadows for different effects. After his near death in the Land of Waves, he trained harder then ever before. He learned two jutsu on top of that and has been pushing his Taijutsu and now Kenjutsu with Mito.

Asuma brought his team here and there to train with Team 7. He and Kakashi had talked about how since the Land of Waves they had changed. It was not subtle either. Shikamaru being the biggest example of change. Asuma wanted to have his Team 10 feed of them.

Using Naruto's clones to help with their training. They worked on everything within their fields. Kiba being to head strong one was working on how to fight overwhelming forces. Ini had to develop her skills completely outside of her family jutsu. Sai was much better, he and Naruto sparred fully. Naruto like how he used his ink just to gain advantages similar to his shadow clone jutsu. Naruto though usually wins, Sai didn't have as many tricks up his sleeve quite yet.

After a full day of training both teams went their separate ways. Kakashi had his team gather in the training ground, "So I want to bring something up. It's ultimately your decision as a team." 

All three of his students looked amongst each other. "Today we are having a meeting with the Hokage. I want to nominate you for the Chunin exams."

There was a mix of reactions with his team. Naruto gave an extremely sun blinding smile. Mito looked determined and ready for battle like any other Uchiha would. Shikamaru looked concerned, the only one to think about the potential consequences.

"Sensei, I know we have gotten stronger but are you sure we are ready?" The Nara looked at him then between his friends. Kakashi noticed that his eyes lingered on the blond Archer.

"I wouldn't have suggested it if you were not ready." He paused as he saw Shikamaru contemplate his options. Think about it. I won't force any of you to take part. I am going to give you the next couple of days off. Meet me on Friday for the exam if you choose."

After disappearing the three sat in silence for a couple minutes. Naruto sighed, "I think we should. I know our last mission was tough but after training with Asuma sensei and his team, I think we are ready. I also don't want to do it without you two."

"Well I know we are ready. You two proved you some of the strongest Genin around fighting Zabuza and that Hunter Nin." Mito twirled a kunai in her hand with a grin on her face.

Shaking his head Shikamaru looked away, "Well I'll see you two later." Getting up he walked away from his two friends. Naruto looked at Mito with worry in his eyes.

Naruto and Mito walked together. The Jinchuriki couldn't get the worry for Shikamaru out of his mind. "Don't stress to much. Shikamaru almost died remember. He probably feels that he's falling behind you."