Chunin Exams: Forest of Death

Team Seven arrived at the waiting area. Anko watched as they all arrived. Activating a seal Naruto pulled out his Yumi and arrows. A few leaf older leaf Genin chuckled at the Archer. Naruto just rolled his eyes.

"Gunna have to show them just how powerful an expert archer can be." Shikamaru smiled at the blond. Naruto felt his face flush as he looked at the other boy. "Yeah I will."

"Okay! Now for your next task you will be given a scroll. Either the earth or the heaven scroll. You must get to the tower in the center of the forest. Once there you will be allowed to open it. You may not open the scrolls sooner, if you do you will be disqualified. Killing is allowed in the forest. You have three days, if your whole team does not make it then you lose."

After some drama between Kiba, Anko sensei, and grass ninja. Team seven made their way into the forest. Landing onto a tree Naruto looked around before turning to face his team, "Naruto send ten clones to scout the area."

"Hai!" Creating his clones,they immediately went out to find any potential threats. "We have the earth scroll. We will need to find the Heaven scroll."

Mito let out a sigh, "That's easier said than done." Thinking about their options, "I can send more clones out."

Thinking about their options, Shikamaru wondered if it would work, "Can your clones use transformation and substitution jutsu?"

Looking at his friend strangely, "Yeah?" Shikamaru smiled at his friend sending chills down his spine. "Okay I can do that. I'll also place a fake scroll in each one. That way we can find out if they have the scroll we need."

"Okay let's get moving!" Team 7 ran off hoping to get a good start. Every fake team was kept at a reasonable distance. That way once they were destroyed Team 7 would be able to subdue the enemy teams.

Naruto stopped, "One team got taken down. Looks like they have the same scroll as us." Looking to his right, he had another group of memories hit him these ones were different.

Shikamaru and Mito saw sadness run across the blond's face. Mito touched his shoulder, "Hey you okay."

"Yeah. Two Leaf Genin teams over there. They have opposing scrolls but seem to be helping each other. They know I have the Kyuubi. They said they would kill me to avenge the village."

Anger filled the Nara's chest. "Well we know who we are going after." Naruto shook his head, "Two teams Shika. We shouldn't risk it."

"No. They want to talk about you like that." Shikamaru shaking his head, ,"I know you don't care but I need to."

Going past the Jinchuriki, he went straight to the other teams. Mito was followed right behind him. Landing in front of the six Genin. Mito landed next to him. He knew Naruto wasn't far off.

'Damn it.' Landing on a branch just to the right and sixty yards back of his teammates. Naruto could see Shika and Mito staring down the six ninja. Drawing an arrow he prepared for the attack.

"Oh you brat I like that boy!" Naruto shook his head, "Shut up Kurama." The fox just laughed in his head.

Activating her Sharingan, Mito waited seeing the shadow about to leap out. "Please. You shouldn't defend the demon. My parents told me what it did " The girl next to him realized who she was looking at, "That's a Nara!" Four of the ninja jumped into the air before Shikamaru could get them all.

"Mud Release: Mud Armor!" Jumping in front of Shikamaru, she used the armor to block the bombardment of shiruken. An arrow hitting the shoulder to one of the, she went crashing to the ground. Mito saw the Byakugan, "He's over there in a tree."