Jinchuriki's Bonds

Sakura was working on a new sample. Trying everything she can to find a cure for this poison. Looking over everything again it clicked. Running down to the botanist she asked for a particular plant.

Quickly picking the leaves she returned. Adding them to the mixture she ran down to Kankuro. Temari and Shikamaru were sitting with him as she practically knocked the Nara over.

Injecting the cure the effects were almost instantaneous. Kankuro's fever went down immediately. Temari jumped up and looked at her brother with hope in her eyes. After a half hour his eyes finally opened.

"Te-Temari." Realization kicked in, "Gaara!" Trying to sit Sakura pushed him down, "Damn it Teme! Stay down you're just starting to get better."

"You really are Tsunade's apprentice. Amazing." Looking at the older woman, "What do you mean?"

"In the Third Great Shinobi war she single handedly cured every poison I created. She is a genius and earned my respect." Sakura smiled at the comparison.

"Hey Kankuro." Naruto and Mito both walked in, "Naruto? What are you all doing here?"

Shaking his head, "It doesn't matter, Temari it was Sasori. He is part of the attack."

"Damn. This makes things difficult." Naruto ran his hands through his hair. "You already predicted it was him though." Shikamaru remarked.

"Yes but he is skilled. Plus with it being Deidra as his partner they are both ranged combatants. They use overwhelming force to take down enemies."

"I think we have enough information. We should go and get him back." Looking at Mito who showed pure determination.

"I am coming with you." Granny Chiyo stepped forward, "No way Granny! You can't fight him." Kankuro yelled but fell back in pain.

"Hush. I trained the boy. I can help more than anybody." Naruto smiled at the old Lady, "Sakura you coming?"

Grinning the pinkette cracked his knuckles, "Oh I'm going. I got some pent up anger from someone who thought making poison like that was such a good idea."

"We better start moving. We may be out of time." Naruto grinned, "Grab on Granny Chiyo." Looking confused she did as she was told. Before she knew it they separated the duo.

Naruto created thirty clones and surrounded them as he grabbed Gaara's weakened body. 'He's still alive.'

"Brat they tried stealing Shukaku from him." Naruto stood up and glared at the enemy Shinobi. "You bastards."

Just Before Arrival
"This is taking to long!" Deidra called out in frustration. Sasori just rolled his eyes, "Calm down Deidra. Nobody cares how long it takes."

"Pain. Where is Kisame and Danzo?" Pain looked back at the puppet user. "I have sent them to get details on the Nine-tails Jinchuriki. He has been missing for the last few years popping up here and there. Including in the Land of Mist aiding the pesky rebels."

"Well we will be done in the next few hours. Then this vessel will be dead." Deidra watched the energy get pulled out of the red headed sand user.

This had been easy. Threaten the safety of his precious village and he'd sacrifice everything to protect them. Destroy his own defenses to protect his people. A satisfying grin placed on the bomber.

That was until five enemy Shinobi appeared between them and their prize. Jumping back the two Akatsuki members prepared. While pain looked on in confusion as the connection was severed before they could capture the boys tailed beast.