Training with the New Family

Over the next six months Naruto spent all his time with studies and training. He had grown accustomed to a bow at that time. Using it for fun to release stress but also for when Kenshi and Yui took him hunting.

He hadn't actually hunted any animals quite yet. His aim wasn't quite good enough, so Kenshi used it as a time to train him on tracking. Seeing the little blond in the woods he could tell Naruto spent a lot of time in the forest. He was a natural at tracking. Even at the age of six.

Finding the deer they had been tracking. Naruto pointed excitedly, looking back at Kenshi. Putting his finger over his lip. Naruto nodded hunkering down trying to physically make him more quiet. Yui couldn't help but smile at her new brother's antics.

Pulling back the arrow, Kenshi let the world around him disappear. The only thing was him and the deer. Releasing his breath, he let go. Time slowed down as the arrow hit it's mark. The deer let out a yell as it fell to the ground.

Moving up they could see the deer was still alive. Naruto hid behind Yui looking down at the suffering animal. Pulling out a dagger, Kenshi knelt down. Chakra flowed from his hand as he pet the dying creature. The deer calmed, stabbing the deer he made sure it no longer suffered.

"Hey! How did you make him like that old man?" Looking at the Jinchuriki he just smiled, "Chakra has many uses. Samurai use it to enhance their weapons and Shinobi use it for assassination. Both use it to heal injuries." Holding his hand out for the blond how to get close. Walking into his reach he pulled Naruto closer to the deer.

Yui smiled as she stood on the other side of the deer. She still remembered her father's lessons on chakra. "All living things have chakra." Putting Naruto's hand on the still warm deer. Kenshi put his hand on top of his. Pulsing chakra through his hand Naruto could feel the entire chakra network of the deer as it faded away.

Looking at the deer he was shocked and wondered. It was so pretty, "It was pretty and different!"

Nodding Kenshi chuckled, "Of course. You are right, all living things are beautiful. That's why you should treasure them. We may eat the deer, but we must make sure it does not suffer."

After returning home, Naruto and Yui began their studies. An Anbu landed next to Kenshi as he hung the deer. "Hello Dog. How may I assist you."

Kakashi looked at the older man, "How is he doing?" Kenshi looked up at the young man. "He is good. Progressing quickly now that he has a chance to thrive."

Leaning against a tree Kakashi felt relief wash over him. "Good. I failed him the day he was left out here. Thank you Oda." Kakashi bowed to the man.

Feeling Kenshi's hand on his shoulder, "Do not trouble your mind to much. I believe you still have a strong roll in his life Dog. You never failed him, I'm sure his parents would agree."

Standing up he looked back as Itachi watched from another tree, "We are moving against his assailant soon. I don't know how it will turn out but they are a powerful force." Kenshi felt pity for the Anbu. He knew dealing with insurgents in your own organization was tough.

"Be careful then. If you survive I'm sure both you and Weasel would be welcomed by the boy." Kakashi nodded before shushining away.

Sara and Yui were practicing Taijutsu while Naruto practiced the basic moves of her style. Knocking Yui down she looked at her daughter, "Remember the style is to mimic water. You can't be rigid and sharp. Flow with the battle, every movement is for attack and defense."

Gazing at Naruto she was shocked he was picking it up so quickly, "Naruto come."

Eagerly Naruto ran to the women, "This style, is based off the movement of water. For your stance you want open hands." Naruto opened his hands, one in front of him while the other was facing up across is abdomen. " Much better. Now your goal is to flow. As Yui strikes out at you dodge and block."