Back to the leaf!

Team 7 stayed till the bridge was built. Kakashi was rather proud of his kids. They performed admirably, Naruto and Shikamaru held out long enough for backup. With the Chunin exams coming soon, he knew they were ready.

However he needed to address the turmoil going on in his kids. Mainly Shikamaru and Naruto. Shikamaru nearly died, even adults struggle with near death experience. Luckily the Nara was very logical and would be willing to listen to him.

Naruto would be tougher, the boy had his first kill. Not only that, he triggered the Kyuubi with his anger. Kakashi heard his screams in his sleep while they were at the Tazuna house the last few days.

Today they say bye to the villagers and head home. Naruto was glad to get home to his big sister. He hadn't slept well since the battle at the bridge. Tazuna stood with the entire village. "Thank you again for saving our nation. If the Leaf needs anything we will be there." Everyone bowed to the Leaf ninja.

"Thank you for your hospitality Tazuna and Tsunami. I'm glad we could help." Kakashi bowed back.

Walking up to Tsunami, Mito gave the women a hug, "Thank you Tsunami! I hope we can see each other again!" The women smiled, "Yes I do to! Anytime your here please stop by."

Inari tried to hide his tears, "Go-goodbye Naruto." Naruto pulled the boy in for a hug. "Goodbye Inari!" Letting himself cry brought the younger boy to tears, "We will see each other again okay?"

The boy nodded into Naruto's shirt, "Okay! You promise!" Smiling Naruto let go of the boy, "I promise."

Waving goodbye as they walked away. Tazuna decided to name the bridge the Great Konoha Bridge. The people of Wave would be eternally grateful to the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

After a few days of travel Team 7 arrived at the gates to Konoha again, "What a drag of a mission. I'm glad to finally be home."

"Me to! I need to learn how to apply my wind element now!" Everybody noticed the life come back to Naruto once they entered the village again.

"You guys go ahead and see your families. I will turn in our report." The Genin hastily agreed. Kakashi disappeared from view and the three walked together for a bit.

Mito looked at her friends, "So you guys want to train together this weekend after we advance a little bit?" Shikamaru smiled, "I'd rather sleep, but I'm game. We are a pretty good team."

Naruto was quiet for a moment, "Yeah I can. I want to learn a couple wind jutsu this week."

"Well if we check out elements maybe we can train with you." The blond smiled at him causing him to blush. "Um well I better go. I'll see you two later."

Watching the Nara walk away confused Naruto, "Did I say something?" Mito burst out laughing. "What's so funny?!"

Putting her hand on Naruto's shoulder, "Your so clueless." Naruto got flustered, "I don't understand?"

"Well you are a dobe." Sasuke appeared out of nowhere, "Shut up teme!" Naruto crossed his arms and pouted.

"Well Uzumaki. I hope you got stronger, I got a score to settle with ya." That changed Naruto's attitude, "I can't wait to see Sasuke."

"What's it like having Hinata and Shin on your team?" Naruto asked the emo boy. "Shin is weird. Hinata is quiet but strong."

They approached the Oda house hold, "Well bye Mito! By teme!" Naruto ran off into his home. Opening the front door, "Hey I'm home!

Yui ran through the doorway to the kitchen, "Naruto!" Wrapping her arms around her little brother. "How was your mission?"

"Well it was okay except it kinda turned into an A rank mission." Naruto rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. Yui's eyes got big, "Is everyone okay?"