Preliminaries: Sizing up the Composition

Looking over the cursed seal on Sasuke's neck, Naruto knew this thing needed to be removed. "After seeing those markings, I think the seal pulls in some kind of energy. Try and activate your sharingan."

Following his instructions, Sasuke activated his Sharingan. Only a pain shot though his body and the mark tried to spread. Mito jumped to his side. Shikamaru looked at Naruto and saw he was scared of this thing.

"I can put a barrier seal on it. That should let you use your sharingan till this test is over." Sasuke looked at the blond and could see the concern, "Are you sure."

Naruto gave a reassuring smile, "Yeah but it will be temporary. You will need to get with Kakashi sensei for something more permanent."

"He can help?" Mito smiled, "Yes he can. Naruto is right." Sasuke wasn't sure, "Okay. Go ahead."

Naruto pulled out a brush and ink. Drawing a seal then performed the proper hand signs. The seal lit up and pain shot through the raven haired boys neck. As the burning stopped he looked at his two team members. Everyone was releived to see he had his sharingan active.

"Thanks dobe. I guess you are useful." Naruto chuckled. Shikamaru shook his head, "So troublesome. We captured an extra Heaven scroll."

Shin excepted right away, "Thank you." Smiling in the most emotionless smile Naruto has seen.

Teams 7 and 12 made their way to the tower. Naruto was still concerned with the effects of whatever that grass Nin did to Sasuke but he would hopefully deal with that later. Right now he needed to stay focus on the exams.

Naruto was shocked they didn't run into anymore trouble. Their luck has not been that great for either team. Laying out their separate scrolls, both teams activated them. Kakashi appeared in front of team seven, "Yo."

"KAKASHI SENSEI!" Both Mito and Naruto yelled pointing at their teacher. Shikamaru just rolled his eyes.

"Good job! You passed!" Naruto looked at the scrolls then back at him, "What would have happened if we opened our scroll without the other?"

"You would have failed immediately. Sometimes as ninja, you will need to follow orders even if you may not know the true objective. That way the information is protect." Kakashi looked at each of his team as they thought about what he said. "Now come on. We are all gathering in the center room."

Once the final teams arrived the announcement began. The Hokage appeared, "Hello. Congratulations for everyone who made it this far. Unfortunately too many people passed the Forest of Death portion. So you will be participating in pre-tournament. Single elimination, Hayate Gëkko will be your proctor."

Coughing the sickly man looked around, "Okay, standard fight. If you give up, are knocked out, or I decideyou cannot continue the fight. You can kill in the fights but if it's preventable then we will stop the fight."

"I would like to forfeit." Naruto looked and saw it was that Kabuto guy. He looked like he didn't even run into other issues. A couple others forfeited as well.

"First match will be Shin of the Leaf vs. Yaori Akadō." Sasuke and Hinata wished thier teammate luck as everyone left the arena.

Shin smiled, "You could give up now." Akadō chuckled, "Please. You won't last two minutes."

"BEGIN!" Naruto watched closely as the two fought eachother. "He is pretty good with that tanto." The boy ducked and weaved while slashing through the other ninja's clones. Avoiding Akadō's hands he spun hitting the ninja in the gut sending him tumbling back.

"You make your strengths to known." He said with a smile as he twirled his tanto. The Genin smiled under his mask as he threw down a smoke bomb. Shin attempted to jump out but wasn't fast enough. Akadō grabbed him and started syphoning his chakra from him.