War Against Sound!

Waking up the next morning felt like a chore. Naruto knew he'd miss his friends but leaving Shikamaru behind hurt the most. It was for the best. Naruto needs to get stronger to protect his village and home.

Closing his eyes he teleported to his mindscape. Kurama looked down at him with a smirk, "Too afraid to leave your boyfriend?"

"It's not that you oversized furball." Naruto deadpanned at the fox, "There is so much right now. I'm leaving my friends and family to protect them from this Akatsuki. A group hunting tailed beasts for some unknown reason."

"I've thought about this as well. My guess is that they are harvesting our power for something. Killing us won't work as we will just reincarnate over and over again."

Clenching his fists and looking into the foxes eyes, "I won't let them use you to hurt people! It's bad enough you're imprisoned already."

Kurama looked at the boy. After all these years they have been communicating he has never sensed any form of malice from him. This boy has always tried being a friend. In fact Kurama doesn't want him to die anymore what so ever.

"I have made my decision."  His deep voice caught the blond off guard, "Decision for what?"

An evil grinned formed on his face, "I am going to help you control my chakra. You will only be able to use up to three tails worth of power. Maybe four."

Looking up at the nine-Tails in utter bewilderment, "You want to help me train?!"

"I'm getting soft. Yes, you have shown skill and power, but I've gotten to know you over these years. You remind me of someone I knew once."

Smiling Naruto shuffled his feet, "We will protect everyone we can." Kurama looked at this kid. Someone who could and would fight to the death but also spar an enemy to help them see something in themselves. He was so much like his father the Sage of Six Paths.

Coming back to real world Naruto finished packing. He had his Yumi and arrows sealed into opposing wrists. While his wazikashi was strapped to his lower back like usual. Now though instead of his sleeveless hoodie he had on his Jonin vest.

Walking out of his room both Kenshi, Sara, and Yui all looked at him with fondness. Kenshi walked up and put his hand on Naruto's shoulder, "That Jonin vest suits you Naruto."

"Thanks Dad! I like it." Naruto smiled as he admired his achievement. "Come let's get you to the gate okay kiddo."

The Oda family headed together down to the gate. Though it was quiet they all felt the same thing. Sadness that they were being separated.

Naruto thought back to when he was dumped in that forest. It was hazy but the feeling of dying stayed with him. Waking up in a strange home with a obnoxious older girl who wouldn't not help him.

He thought about his first days training. How his dad taught him about chakra and that deer that his father killed to do it. Fishing, tracking, and fighting all being taught by his family. Every achievement that he had was given to him by his Father, Mother, and sister.

Jiriaya and every Genin was waiting for him at the gate. Shikamaru had his Chunin vest on and smiled at the blond boy before grabbing his hand, "You look good in that vest."

Blushing, "Thanks Shika. You look great in yours to." Grabbing his hand they turned together while everyone said their goodbyes.

Mito and Shika being the last to to say their farewells. Mito grabbed her friend and pulled him in for hug, "Alright blondie. Get stronger and don't worry I'll protect your boy toy."