The Sanin Has a Request!

Waking up Naruto looked around in confusion. His was laying in the grass and Shikamaru had his head on his chest. Feeling his face warm up he tried not to think about it, however that seemed impossible. The Nara's face looked so relaxed. It was tempting not to rub his thumb over the other boy's cheek as he slept.

"Hey brats! It's time to get up." Sara yelled as a kunnai flew past Naruto's face. Shikamaru flew up face red with embarrassment and Naruto grabbed the kunai and threw it back, "Damn it mom! We were just sleeping! It's not even that late!"

Sara shushuned next to the boys causing them to jump, "What was that?" She spoke menacingly to him, "NOTHING!  Sorry mom!!"

Shikamaru couldn't help but chuckle to himself. The only person he saw give Naruto true fear was Sara. "Come on. Breakfast is ready."

The two boys got up and followed behind the scary women. Yui and Kenshi were already sitting at the table waiting for them. His sister gave him a knowing smile causing pink to dust the blond's cheeks. Kenshi didn't say anything but Naruto knew his father knew.

After everyone started eating Sara stared down the pineapple haired boy, "So Shikamaru. I just want you to know, if you hurt my son, I'm not above killing a clan heir."

Said son glared at his mom and Shikamaru felt.very real fear, "I would never hurt Naruto." He stammered out while Yui was giggling to herself.

"Come on mom! We should probably worry more about Naruto!" Yui chuckled as she stuck her tongue out at the boy. "What?! Why me?!"

"Come on! You think the Nara here is the only one who has noticed you? Please I know for a fact the Hyuuga heiress thinks you're cute too!"

Both boys stared at her for a second only for different reasons. Shikamaru was staring at her with frustration as to why she'd tell him that. While her little brother was staring at her like she was crazy.

"Remember you are both very young." All three kids looked at the older warrior, "Just because you have feelings now doesn't mean they won't change. Love is tough for adults let alone children like you. Take things slow and if your feelings are true then they won't change but evolve." 

Both boys nodded before smiling at eachother. Shikamaru's relaxed attitude complimented Naruto's energy well. "We will be careful." Naruto said reassuringly.

Everyone finished eating before the breakfast. While Yui had to go back to the hospital. Sara had volunteered her time to help with patrols around the village. Many Chunin and Jonin respecting her after the battles. Naruto and Shikamaru bid them farewell before going to help the other Genin with rebuilding efforts around the village.

Kenshi was invited to a meeting with the clan heads and elders. His efforts were recognized by the individuals. As was his status from his time with the Fire Daimyo.

Walking in he saw they were already in session. Seeing Jiriaya over by the window, he decided to join the Sanin. The two talk amongst themselves until Homura started the meeting.

"We brought you all here to discuss the position of Hokage." Everyone sat silently as the man explained, "In the past we as a council would decide without you. Though do to us not replacing Danzo we cannot make our decision."

Koharu gestured to the clan heads, "We believed that Hiruzen would.want us to make this decision together."

Itachi stood up, "I Believe our option is before us. Jiriaya the Legendary Sannin would be a fitting Hokage." Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I won't take the position." Jiriaya said as he glanced around the room. "I never truly wanted the role. Not to mention you yourself.would make a great Hokage Itachi Uchiha."