I've Always Fought Alone

Broken. That was all Naruto felt at this moment. He led his boyfriend, best friend, and Sensei into a battle of unknowns. He didn't know the extent of Mito's injuries but he for sure is the cause. His sensei is on death's door right now and it was his fault.

Startled by a hand on his shoulder he looked up to see his mom and dad. Jumping up he wrapped. His arms around them. Sobs wracked his body. His father tried calming him down but knew it was in vain.

Kenshi looked his son in the eyes, "Breath Naruto. With me okay?" Naruto nodded along as he followed his dad's breathing, "Good. Now tell me and your mother what had happened."

"Right. After I got  Nii from the Akatsuki I found my team and we engaged them. Both of them were powerful. I recognize them from the bingo book. Kakuzu and Hidan. Shika and I engaged Kakuzu while Sensei and Mito took on Hidan."

His voice got wobbly as he continued, "When we went to regroup with Sensei and Mito w-we found them both laying on the ground both covered in their own blood."

Sara slid down next to her son, "Naruto. I've struggled with your......push to destroy the Akatsuki. While you were gone though the village was attacked."

Naruto knew as much but hadn't heard the details yet, "A man with an orange mask attack the Hokage to take the Jinchuriki. He killed Shisui and managed to injured both Sasuke and Itachi."

Naruto looked between them. He hadn't thought someone could be that strong, "How? Itachi and Shisui are both powerful."

"Yes." Kenshi interrupted, "He had the element of surprise and we hadn't known his ability when he first attacked. Knowledge is key and we knew nothing of who we were fighting."

"If I had stayed then I would have been able to protect her and sensei wouldn't be fighting for his life right now." Kenshi shook his head, "Kid, there is nothing you could have done to prevent this."

"If you'd be here brat then the masked man would have probably taken you as well. He may have even brought more of the Akatsuki." Naruto nodded along to his mother's statement but didn't feel any better.

Tsunade and Yui both attempted to heal Kakashi. The man had was barely hanging on. Tears threatened to leak out thinking of one of her favorite Shinobi in the village dying on her watch again.

Yui was incredible but she wasn't quite on the level of Shizune. Unfortunately her stab wound had be quite severe. Sakura took care of most of it before fully commiting to Itachi.

Speaking of the Uchiha. If she had been fast enough and found a cure for the illness that plaqued him then maybe he would have been strong enough for the battle. Rage at herself for failing over and over filled her chest.

"Come on Hatake! You're not dying in me!" Wiping the sweat away she pushed more chakra through her hands and began mending the wound, "Yui. Did you're mother teach you how to transfer chakra?"

A grin formed on the young medic 's lips, "Right away Lady Hokage!" As she began to slowly push her chakra into his chakra network to sustain his energy.

Kakashi's heart rate picked up to a normal level giving Tsunade some much needed relief. 'That's it you brat. Come on.'

The world started to return to Mito. Looking around she saw she was in Konoha again. 'We won.' She thought to herself as she tried to get a grasp on her memories. From her fight with Hidan to seeing Kakashi get impaled by nothing. Tears filled her eyes as they turned into they reformed into the Mangekyo.

"There beautiful." Shooting her  head up she saw Sasuke waking into the room, "What is?" She asked as she wiped her eyes, "You unlocked you're Mangekyo to."