Land of Waves Training

The estimation of Naruto's ability to master his element was pretty accurate. After the first day he had already been able to split a leaf in half and was making great progress on splitting the river.

Meanwhile Shikamru was able to climb the trees and was aiding Mito in completing the process. Mito had more chakra then Shikamru but less control. Partly do to the nature of the Shadow Possession Jutsu. It was a clan technique and took very fine control. 

Naruto was currently having clones practice different seals as well. He had some good ideas outside his gravity seals. Those helped him tremendously in physical conditioning. Some were elemental seals for his arrows. He also had an idea for a seal to hold chakra. It would be charged then when he needed it he could refill his chakra reserves or another person's reserves with it.

After a full day of training everyone met at the house for dinner. Tsunami had food across the table for the ninja. " If you need or would like anything else please just ask. "Thank you Tsunami." All three Genin bowed before diving into their meals.

"I have to thank you again for agreeing to come this far Kakashi." Tazuna spoke after finishing his meal. Looking at the man he gave him an eye smile, "I'm glad we came as well. From what my team says they all agree."

Naruto smiled at the old man, "Don't worry we will make sure you get that bridge built."

Catching Naruto and the others off guard, Inari slammed his hands down on the table, "You should just give up! Gato will kill you all."

"Look kid, I'm not going to die. I have to much to do." Naruto went back to eating but Inari wasn't finished, "You stupid ninja know noth-" This time it was Naruto slamming his hand down, "Are you done! You can cry and give up or you can keep fighting. If I'm going to die then I want to know I did my best!"

Standing up Naruto pushed his chair and walked out of the house before anyone could speak to him. Mito went to follow but Shikamaru grabbed her wrist.

Looking at the Nara he just shook his head. Kakashi knew that Naruto was fine he just needed to cool off. "Is he okay?" Looking at Tsunami he saw the motherly care in her eyes. "Yeah he will be. When Naruto was a few years younger then Inari here, the villagers hunted him. Later he was left for dead by a leaf ninja. He has fought to survive. I can't imagine what would have happened if he hadn't found his family."

Everyone finished their meals, Shikamru helped Tsunami clean up while Mito helped Kakashi to bed. Kakashi told both of them that he would have Naruto watch over Tazuna while they continued their training. Especially seeing how Naruto could do both.

After a couple of hours Naruto lay in the grass looking at the stars. Sighing he closed his eyes, "You know you can be super troublesome. "

Smiling he looked up at the intelligent boy, "Yeah well we all got issues." Gazing back at the stars he thought about his talk with Inari. "I'll need to apologize."

Sitting next to his blond teammate, Shikamaru couldn't help but smile at his the Jinchuriki's kindness. "Yeah that would probably be a good idea."

"I don't know why it bothers me still. I barely remember that day." Shikamaru hummed as he thought, "Well you were what three, four years old? Most kids would be permanently traumatized. It's only logical."

Naruto hummed in agreement. Both boys laid there for a few hours before Shikamaru heard a light snore come from Naruto. 'Great I have to carry him back. How troublesome.'

Waking up the next morning Naruto got up and headed down stairs. Grabbing his Yumi and wakizashi, he headed out with Tazuna. Seeing the bridge from the water was great and all. However the magnitude came into full view standing on the thing.