★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ]彡★

♡~☆~♡

"Sayuri.. do you wonder where dad's at?"

Sayuri gave her sister a confused look before going back to coloring her drawing.

"Hmm.. i guess.." she mumbled, not exactly sure on how to reply.

Sarada sighed with a frown,

"I wonder if he'll ever come around. I can barely remember his face.. and you haven't even met him yet!" she muttered with a sullen look.

"But mama said he can't come cuz he's protectin' us! So it's ok!" Sayuri replied with a big toothy grin on her face which only made Sarada sulk even more.

"You always look at the positive sides, huh?" The older uchiha shook her head with a sad smile.

She crouched down and ruffled Sayuri's hair making the little girl groan and push her hand away.

Sarada laughed at her little sister before going back to what she was doing earlier.

☆☆☆

The sound of a lady humming could be heard, making a tiny pinknette to brighten up when she recognized the voice as her mother's.

Sakura snapped her head in the direction where she heard the sound of footsteps approaching her, and immediately softened at the sight of her 2 daughters.

The 8 year old Sarada was carrying a 2 year old Sayuri on her back as she came waddling into the kitchen with a serious look on her face.

"What happened sweetie?" The older lady asked, her face flashed with concern.

Sarada gently placed sayuri on her feet and held onto her little sister's hand with a gloomy look on her face,

"Mama, when is dad coming home?" She asked with a pout as a frown crossed her face,

Sakura paused before going back to washing the dishes,

"He's out doing very difficult work, Sarada. He can't come home right away." Sakura answered, which only made the girl pout even more.

'It's always the same answer.. '

Sarda looked at the ground as she felt tears sting the back of her eyes, she squeezed her little sister's tiny palm.

"Doesn't dad care about us?"

Sakura's eyes widened as she immediately snapped her head to look at Sarada, her face showcasing disbelief.

"What?! Ofcourse he does! Don't ever think that!"

Sayuri could only watch with curiosity,

"Then why doesn't he come home?" Sarada sniffed,

Sayuri noticed the emotional situation and squeezed her older sister's hand in hope of bringing her some comfort.

Sakura crouched down to match Sarada's height before saying,

"Sarada, he treasures us deeply. That's why he can't come home."