𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐.

~ Adonis ~

Beast.

The monstrosity that I am condemned to contain within myself for eternity.

The deadly touch of my hands brings cessation to everything and everyone I touch - the curse that I am doomed to live with. The savage, brutal, vicious beast is consuming me, battling with my self-control day by day, tormenting me, driving me mad with loneliness - the only way I can keep everyone and everything alive.

Hidden in the castle for thousands of years, ruling from afar, wrapped in the darkness of the curse that is maddening me each day.

Blasting, lethal grown brimming in my chest as I yanked the curtains, shutting them close, refusing to look upon the moon that is nothing, but a malicious being that is meant to give me a miracle and agony in one form.

My mate. My fated female.

The only creature, who is vested the power over me, my beastly and wolf forms. My female, who is meant for only me, crafted for my needs and soul, fated to adore me, delight me and give me pups.

The voracious need to find her burns like untamable fire in me, tormenting the beastly form in me, making me want to do nothing, but find her, mark her and let the kingdom know that she is mine: my mate, my female, my Queen and love

But the risk of having her die in my hands is too terrifying, too agonising for me to search for her, claim her and bring her here - in a place that is supposed to be our home.

The touch, one made out of everlasting love and pure tenderness, will bring death upon my mate. The kiss, one that is meant to show her my devotion and adoration, will be her poison. The caress, one that would be lighter than a feather, will be her ending. The embrace, one that would be so gentle and fragile, will suffocate her and take her away from me.

The torture of being mateless is one that I am willing to endure for eternity, anything just not to become her death, instead of lover and protector.

"I am taking Thanatos on the run. Keep the troops ready."- I growled at Dionis, my Beta, slamming the door shut.

The span of strength that not a soul has ever possessed comes with overpowering needs that get harder to contain, hide and suppress. My wolf wants peace, warmth and softness that I won't grant him and it maddens him, enrages and frustrates him.

The longer I don't have my female, the more bloodshed, suffering and pain my wolf will want to unleash on everyone, who is in a way of me getting to my mate, and that everyone would be an army of wolves, the mightiest of the mightiest to withstand my wolf's outrage, agony, longing and desire and deny my wolf's wish.

My monstrous paws dug into the ground, one that bears not a single trace of anything alive and flourishing, an anguished growl blasting through the forest as I ran, splashing my rage out, fury that only seemed to amplify by the second.

The moon shone brightly, mocking my misery, tempting my wolf to find what's his by fate: his to claim, take, mark, cherish and protect. The moon glimmered vividly, daring the treacherous, starving, dolorous beast to break loose. The moon knew no mercy as taunted me with the reminder of my gift, my only one that has been born for me, to fit my needs and fill the void in my soul.

The beast won.

The temptation to taste heaven, at least, with the merest glance, with the merest knowledge of the existence of my female.

My ferocious wolf neared the gate, running at a lethal pace as the Beta and the army stood ready and alarmed, ready to do all it takes to keep me away from my female - my command that they have been following for years.

"Your Highness."- the Beta tried to reach out, to seek reasoning and a harmless ending - one that I have been forcing myself to choose for thousands of years.

"Thanatos."- Dionis dared to address my beast, gazing into my black, murderous eyes, hoping that my wolf will stop.

But there is no stopping.

Deadly growls filled the kingdom, trees shaking as the ground quivered, every damned soul aware of what bedevils their King.

Not a single soldier could stop me from getting to my mate now.