𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.

~ Crystal ~

The rain is pouring, it feels like nature is flooding with sorrow much like I am. Thunder and lighting light up the dart sky, angry, frustrated and agitated, just like my beloved. 

I wore a black coat over my dusky pink gown and left the chambers, restless with worry about my sweet Adonis. 

The castle is quiet, yet illuminated gently for my comfort - I dislike darkness and my beloved knows it. My steps are faint against the marble stairs, my trepidation rising by the second as the terrible weather exacerbated, my mate's bond still beyond my reach. 

"Your Highness."- bowed the 4 tall, robust, armed guards, gulping as I neared the grand, heavy door.

"Please, step aside."- I requested calmly, but they didn't even blink at my plea. 

"Your Highness, please, return to the chambers. It is a late hour."- said a guard collectedly, my marks tingling with unbearable longing.

"Step aside, please."- I repeated, my voice shaky as I contained my tears, wishing to see my love, but they didn't move, they stood stiff and watchful in their spots.

"We cannot, Your Highness. The King's order is to keep you safe in the castle."- announced the other guard, my heart bleeding with yearning at the mention of my beloved Adonis. 

I raced to the salon, one that has doors that lead to a forest, where my treasure and I go for runs together. 

"Your Highness!"- chanted the guards, 2 of them running after me, their steps bigger, swifter than mine, but I had a good head start. 

I rushed out the door, drenched by the heavy rainfall within a moment, but I didn't care. 

I need my mate.

The smell of earth and rain is thick in the air, too dense for my gentle senses to grasp my surroundings well. Mug and puddles blotched my pink gown, but I paid it no mind as I wandered into the depth of the gloomy forest, my worried heart thumping in my chest. 

A quiet gasp rushed past my lips as I heard a tree branch break nearby, fright cajoling within me as I looked around, not seeing anything clearly in the blinding darkness. Thunder boomed loudly, shivers running down my spine as I walked carefully, cold and shivering. 

~ Dionis ~

"The King will slay you himself!"- I growled in rage, a second away from snapping the useless guard in two, and they lowered their heads, silent and aware of the mistake that will bring death upon them. 

Adonis will obliterate all, who let his mate out of the castle in such dangerous weather all on her own. 

He will destroy the whole kingdom if he has to.

"I want two hundred guards searching through the forest for the Queen. The search won't be over until the Queen is safe in the chambers and looked after by her maids. If anything happens to Her Highness, the King will slaughter every single one of you."- I growled out at the general, my tone brutal and cold, but by the moon, it is flowery and sweet in comparison to what perdition the King will unleash once he finds out.