𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓.

~ Adonis ~

For centuries, the concept of having a family was an unfathomable notion for me. The idea of being a mate and a father appeared so remote and implausible that I never allowed myself to entertain even the slightest dreams of such a life.

My conviction was rooted in the belief that my fatal touch had sentenced me to an eternal existence of solitude, a penance for the transgressions and sins of my father.

Everything changed when my beloved Crystal entered my life.

Her presence illuminated my world with radiance, warmth, love, and a spectrum of vibrant colours. She saw through the shadows of my soul, embracing every dark facet with unconditional, pure and gentle love. She accepted my imperfections and bestowed upon me a love I felt undeserving of but was determined to spend a lifetime earning. Despite the challenges life threw our way, she chose to be with me, standing steadfastly through the toughest times.

Then, last night, my sweet Crystal bestowed upon me a gift beyond my wildest imagination.

Our two tiny, precious sons, Caelum and Orion, came into the world. 

They were more perfect than any dream I could have dared to conjure, and their beautiful mother was a blessing for which I would eternally express gratitude to the moon and the twists of fate.

I had never known happiness like this. 

As I lay next to my cherished Crystal, caressing her freckled cheek while she peacefully slumbered, the soft exhales reverberated in the tranquil confines of our chambers, captivating my every sense.

Carefully ensuring Crystal was comfortably nestled in bed, I rose silently, my footsteps careful and silent as I approached the beautiful crib, where our little pups were nestled.

"Shh, daddy's here."- I assured them in a tender whisper as I delicately lifted each of them into my arms, the touch of my hands was lighter and more tender than a feather's caress.

"You mean the world to me."- in a soft murmur, I expressed my deep affection as I planted gentle kisses on the foreheads of my newborn sons. 

A warm smile illuminated my face when they nestled closer, responding with their radiant and captivating smiles.

"I love you and I will always be by your side."- the sentiment was delicate and filled with love, a promise woven into our happy smiles and tender gazes as I held them close.

I walked around the grand, opulent chambers while holding and rocking Caelum and Orion as they nestled against me with contentment, their smiles lighting up whenever I showered kisses on their freckled cheeks and noses.

Wandering through the exquisite chambers, I eventually settled into a sumptuous armchair positioned beside the crib. Gently cradling my sons in my embrace, I gazed at their peaceful faces with a heartfelt smile. As they peacefully slumbered, I tenderly stroked their tiny heads, savouring the precious moment, knowing that in my arms, they were safe, happy and enveloped in the purest sense of love.

I would stop at nothing to give my pups the happiest lives filled with love, care, attention and tenderness. I would protect my little boys with my life and keep them safe no matter the cost. 

I was determined to be the best father and most excellent role model for my pups.

~ Crystal ~

I comprehended the trepidation my mate harboured about embracing fatherhood, considering the monstrous spectre of his own father—a heartless tyrant who callously violated both his mate and son. Every concern and doubt that lingered in his mind resulted from the grim shadows cast by his tumultuous childhood.