𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.

~ Crystal ~

The musky, warm, pleasant scent of sandalwood wrapped around me, immersing me in its beauty and comfort, becoming the reason for my smile. The sunbeams peered into the room, tickling my skin and awaking me from my peaceful slumber. 

But my smile wilted once my blue eyes laid upon my mate. 

I clutched the pillow and reached for the silk covers, rising on my small feet and kneeling before my precious mate. I spread the covers and lovingly tucked him in before reaching for his head, carefully, gently sliding the pillow beneath it, but his silvery eyes opened, pushing a breathy gasp out of my lungs. 

"Why didn't you sleep in bed with me, my treasure?"- I barely whispered, sickened at the mere thought of my love being cold at night, alone on the stony, marble flooring of our bedroom. 

His twinkling, tender eyes took in the covers around him and the pillow in my hands, my heart hammering within my chest so loudly that he must have heard its worried beating. 

"I cannot risk losing control around you, my little star."- professed my beloved mate, glancing at me softly, growling once he saw my knees on the hard floor. 

"You don't have to fear losing control around me. I know you will never harm me, my treasure."- I spoke sincerely, rising on my feet before he could ask, wishing to please him and let me closer to himself.

"It is about time you ate something, my little mate."- stated Adonis in a calm tone, rising to his height, my heart tinkling, but I didn't argue nevertheless, hoping that he will lower his guard once he is ready. 

"Where do you think you are going, my precious Crystal?"- asked my treasure, making me freeze and face him, my eyes full of confusion at his question. 

"To make us breakfast."- I answered softly, almost as if questioning myself. 

"No, all you are going to do is take a warm bath and pamper yourself."- announced my mate tenderly, approaching me, my fragile 5'5 physic appearing to be nothing before his 6'8 body. 

"But that's what I am meant to do, my treasure. I want to look after you."- I spoke sweetly, admiring my beloved pair of silvery, shiny, bewitching eyes.

Alphas are protectors, they always take of everyone in the pack, they are always working and tending to military and administrative duties - it is only right that someone looks after them, provides care for them and keeps their home filled with love and warmth. 

And if that's for Alphas, it should be multiplied for the King. 

My King.

"Please, my treasure."- I pleaded winsomely, my ocean-blue eyes gleaming with icy blue colour, a feathery, innocent purr vibrating in my chest, beseeching his wolf to let me take care of him.

~ Adonis ~

The beast and wolf within me went wild at the harmonious sound, maddening with the desire to be the reason for her to purr again. 

"Adonis, please."- my little female tried again, the honeyed sound coming out softer, gentler, edging the animalistic craving in me. 

She knows my wolf, and the beast that she knows nothing of, is weak against her, a slave to any of her wishes, desperate to satisfy her, make her happy and oblige to any of her desires. 

I am too, far more than their desire combined.

But I had centuries to learn how to control myself, how to tame myself and chain my desires. As much as I want to let her look after me, to win this debate and have it her way, I won't because I saw the ominous end of such care, one that had a sick, twisted side, and I am not willing to let the history repeat itself.