𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒.

~ Adonis ~

Before dawn could approach, everyone was preparing for the journey.

The horses were fed, cared for and readied. The bags were filled with supplied and stored neatly. The soldiers are armed and equipped.

"We will ride in the daylight and make 2 stops, one for every night. There won't be any unwarranted pauses, the road is long and treacherous, we cannot dawdle."- I announced to all warriors, supervising each movement and reaction.

"Why would we need a doctor?"- asked Dionis through the link as soon as the medic appeared.

"She is needed here."- I answered calmly, smiling to myself as I sensed my beloved near.

Within a sheer moment, a pair of tiny arms wrapped around my waist from behind as she giggled, illuminating the atmosphere that suddenly feels lighter, milder and calmer.

I turned around in her loving embrace and leaned down to claim her juicy, pink lips in a deep, passionate kiss while allowing my hands to sneak beneath the sumptuous fabric of her dark blue, an almost black cloak to explore her trim waist and grip it tight.

"I love you so, so, so much, my treasure."- spoke my gift sweetly, glowing in my arms, and I grinned without any restraint, letting her confession wrap around my heart and soul.

"You are the love and light of my life, my precious Crystal."- I stated devotedly, serene and happy as she kissed me, slowly and tenderly, savouring the feeling of our lips colliding.

"Do you have everything you need, my little star?"- I asked lovingly, brushing my thumbs over the sultry curve of her waist, and she leaned on me, purring beneath my touch.

"I let Demetria, Luticia and Claudia pack for me because I wanted to be with you as soon as possible, so once I was dressed, I rushed to you."- professed my sweetheart winsomely, her freckled cheeks full of colour, and I smiled while kissing her forehead.

"I am glad you came to me this fast, my darling."- I told her gently, far needier in her than she is in me, and that heavenly smile shone vibrantly, doing magical things to a heart of mine.

My little mate bonded with Thypon while I tended to my commitments and checked on the supplies with Dionis.

"Your Highness."- bowed a trooper and I glanced at him while nodding lightly, allowing him to interrupt.

"I am in charge of the camp's layout. I would like to clarify whether the Queen will reside in the tent with her maids?"- asked the man calmly, glancing at my beloved's maids, who are by her side, ready to tend to her wishes.

"No. My mate will reside with me in one tent. Her maids shall be nearby, but my darling won't be living with them."- I stated sharply, my gaze as cold and emotionless as my tone, and the soldier nodded, bowing low before leaving.

I returned to the conversation with my Beta until, finally, as dawn came, we began our journey.

"Are you well, my preciousness? Do you need anything?"- I asked through the bond and kissed her temple, her back against my front as she nestled against me.

"I am very well."- purred my darling through the link between us, her crystal eyes twinkling, and I smiled, my senses sinking into the sound of two powerful heartbeats just for a few moments.

"If you need anything, tell me immediately, my sweet Crystal."- I said warmly as my hand cradled her still flat stomach beneath her cloak and she nodded cutely, a sunny smile upon her kissable lips.

~ Dionis ~

Quiet road is just an illusion of security.

We all know this.