𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒.

~ Crystal ~

The journey back to a tranquil existence unfolded as a jubilant and intricate process, infusing our hearts with the warmth and sense of belonging that had been wrested away by the ravages of war.

Swiftly, the kingdom regained equilibrium, propelled by the collective determination of both ourselves and our people. In the face of challenges, no one succumbed to despair, and hands were extended willingly to those in need. The grim vestiges of violence and fear were expunged from our beautiful towns, villages, forests, fields, and meadows. Dilapidated homes were being rebuilt from scratch, and businesses, driven by a shared aspiration for prosperity and happiness, were reopening with remarkable speed.

After Adonis and I had taken the time to recuperate and regain the vibrancy that war and adversity had temporarily dulled, we embarked on a mission to visit every family, offering assistance in various forms—be it a helping hand, financial support, or a consoling word. Almost a fortnight into resuming our official duties, we participated in a joyous ball, a gesture of appreciation organized by the people to commemorate the hard-fought victory. 

The kingdom, like a reawakening phoenix, was breathing life back into its veins, and witnessing this resurgence filled us with profound joy.

"Are these honey muffins?"- I asked Claudia the moment she opened the door of the study and she grinned, lifting the tray slightly in confirmation. 

I beamed and bolted out of my seat to take a muffin, giggling when my mate chuckled and rose from his seat to come to me. 

"Eat, Your Highness. You need all the energy and strength."- Claudia encouraged gladly with a big smile as she put the plate with muffins on the coffee table, where my tea with lemon was awaiting me.

"I eat as much as my treasure."- I returned with a giggle, beaming when Adonis hugged me from behind and took a bite of the muffin when I offered it to him. 

And it was the truth. 

Our appetites were perfectly aligned. I ate two substantial meals a day with a generous dozen snacks between them—berries, fruits, and desserts were my particular delight. 

In the intimate seclusion with my partner, I gracefully pivoted within the embrace of his robust, sinewy arms. Tenderly, he caressed my cheek, his smile radiating warmth as he gazed at me with affection. In a moment that spoke volumes, he kissed me with a fervour that bespoke a profound connection, etching his love into my very essence with the sweetness of that passionate kiss.

"Eat, my sweetheart, and then I will take you somewhere."- my mate said tenderly, smiling when I kissed him sweetly, purring in happiness and pleasure. 

Adonis gently settled me onto his lap, enveloping me in his warm embrace, and I savoured each bite of my dessert. A radiant smile adorned my face every time he took a bite of the muffin I offered. Amidst the tranquility of our shared meal, we engaged in a delightful conversation, discussing our plans for the upcoming evening.

~ Adonis ~

Following our meal, I guided my precious Crystal towards a room I had kept clandestine for an extended period. Her eyes, resembling the vastness of the ocean, sparkled with a mix of excitement and affection. My arm encircled her, cradling her petite form close to me as I unlocked the door.

As the door swung open, revealing the room to my mate's sky-blue gaze, a radiant smile adorned my face and pure happiness surged through our bond, eliciting a contented purr from me.

"My treasure."- she whispered tenderly, her expression akin to a radiant beam of sunshine, and I led her inside, closing the door behind us to savour the moment in private.