𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑.

~ Brennagh ~

"My Lord, the mortals are dead."- announced my courtier, presenting me with what's left of the useless mortals. 

Pieces of fabric and nothing else, not even a single bone.

"The hound is protective over his plaything."- I spoke with a dark, vicious smile, imagining what a beauty she might indeed be if the King was protecting her so fiercely.

"Perhaps, it is best to opt for something else, My Lord, we have far more to lose than the King does. Our kin is dying out slowly as it is, they will wipe us off the maps."- mumbled Hyber, his hands trembling as they held the cushion with the folded scraps of bloody fabric. 

"She is going to be my bride!"- I snapped, snarling as I rose from my throne, the guards by the door shivered upon seeing my rage. 

"She is the sole female, who can bear me offspring. Her blood contains unseen forces, only imagine how mighty the children of the strongest mage and the moon's chosen will be. When I have her, I will be able to tear down that absurd wall and claim all the lands. We will get out of this doomed, barren realm and enthral mortals, wolves, vampires and faes."- I stated coldly with a fiendish look in my eyes, burning with fires of rage and hunger for revenge. 

"What if this female is pregnant? She has been with the King for months now, certainly, he has already claimed and mated her."- asked the courtier carefully and I leaned back in my throne, a chalice of strong liquor swirling inside.

"I will kill those bastards."- I answered with a bright smile, having evaluated that possibility as well as any other. 

I won't allow my bride to give birth to his descendants. 

She will bear my children only. I will force her, compel her and use her in any way I have to in order to impregnate her.

The moon's chosen is a prize and Erebus won't be the one to claim her.

"Send a little message to the lovely Queen and her hound, Hyber."- I ordered with an evil grin, drowning the contents of my goblet.

~ Dionis ~

2 weeks of suspicious calmness. 

The calmness before the tempest.

The people were informed about the threat, precautions were taken, new regulations were imposed and the Army was put on standby, ready to defend and fight to keep the realm safe. 

Those 2 weeks of quietude should have soothed us, but we all, especially the King, know that it is a sign for us to prepare, to be ready for the warfare that is likely to come without any forewarning. 

But while the atmosphere is flooding with tension and darkness, each soul is at peace because of her.

I smiled as the Queen went door to door, soft and gentle as she comforted and checked on every wolf, lingering longer at the houses, where there were children. 

While the King is tending to the military and defence matters, the Queen insisted on visiting as many families as she can to take care of people and pacify their worries. His Highness was not eager to let the Queen out of his sight, but her purpose is comfort for the people, to be the hope we all covet right now more than ever, so he chose as her King, not her mate, thought, it doesn't mean he didn't have any rules. 

A battalion with me in charge to guard his mate. The crystal clear order to be with Her Highness all the time and take the Queen to the castle the second something seems wrong and out of order.