𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓.

~ Crystal ~

The night bled into day and the day turned into another night. 

I never stopped running. 

My bones screamed in unendurable pain. My body hurt from exhaustion and cold. My soul and heart cried for safety and peace. The never-ending rain, the brutal wind, the hunger and the fear made me lose my bond with Eden. 

I couldn't go on any longer. 

I had nothing to sustain on. 

~ Adonis ~

Blinding fear and rage.

Blinding fear and rage were what it took to tear down one legion after another. I ripped anyone in my path into shreds and ribbons. I painted the ground red and encrusted it with crumbled bones, ignorant of how ruthless or vicious it made me seem. 

I did it for my mate and our pups, all three of whom I could sense so fucking close to me.

I did not deliberate. I did not excognitate. 

I ran. 

My senses sunk into the sweet smell of my mate and guided me to her, taking me closer and closer as my giant paws ate the distance. 

The rain doused my fur and the soil beneath my paws, but I did not care because all I saw was her

Lifeless and pale, my expectant mate laid on the frigid, hard ground, her cream-coloured, silk and lace dress marred and torn at the bottom. 

My growl was ferocious.

I ran towards her and gently lowered my muzzle, nudging her cold cheek with my nose, growling gently to wake her up, but it was no use. 

"My sweet Crystal, open your eyes. Look at me, my darling."- I coaxed through our bond desperately, growling when both hers and Eden's sides were numb. 

I can feel my mate's and our children's heartbeats, but they are too weak, too frail and slow. 

My fury took over every instinct in me. 

The beasts within me hungered for bloodshed and vengeance. 

A barely audible shuffling of leaves would be nonexistent to the average wolf's ear - magi know it. 

But it was not the wolf they saw on the battlefield. 

It was Lycanthrope, who craved blood. 

So as soon as they left their hiding, I pounced.

My canines sunk into the throat of one mage and my claws halved the other two alive, staining the ground dark crimson, almost black shade. 

The thin conjurer had no time to sink his blade into me because I was faster: my paw pressed his head to the ground, crushing it into powder, while my canines gutted the other mage alive, leaving nothing in his place. 

The distant clashing of metal, snarling and screams ceased. 

The battle ended.

But I did not have a single regard for it. 

I shifted in an instant and kneeled before my mate, gathering her small, cold body in my arms to cradle her against my chest, careful not to stain her with blood. 

"I love you, my sweetheart."- I whispered against her forehead and kissed it, my gaze on her beautiful belly that had grown so much since the last time I saw it. 

I carried my mate to the camp, growling at everyone, who gaped, horrified and worried when they saw my beloved lay limply in my arms. 

I entered my tent and approached the bed, where I laid her down delicately. She needed to be warmed up, she was too cold from the rain. 

So I took care of my beloved Crystal. 

As I buttoned my shirt, I sensed the presence of General Sullivan.

"Your Highness."- he bowed low when I exited my tent, refusing to let anyone step inside. 

"I won't be joining the supper tonight and there won't be any summits. I trust you to handle everyone this evening."- I stated coldly, holding back a growl as Thanatos snarled within me, urging me to return to our mate. 

So I did. 

As soon as the command was given, I shut the entrance to the tent and approached the bed, where my darling slept soundly, safe and protected right here by my side. 

I leaned down and kissed her pink lips tenderly, my hand weightless as it caressed her belly that I too kissed, although, twice - one kiss for each of our pups. 

"Rest, my beautiful Crystal."- I murmured to her quietly, always near her, watching over her.

~ Brennagh ~

"My Lord, we have lost in the battle near the creek."- my courtier Hyber uttered tentatively as I skimmed my curved, long nails against the armrest of my throne made of the bones of mortals.

"Another loss."- I said with a smile that frightened my courtier, who nodded and lowered his head. 

"Another damned loss! They are nothing more than furry beasts! My Army has magic, the finest weapon of them all, and you are telling me that we lost another battle!"- rage seeped off me in waves, blending with my magic into a deadly poison.

"How many warriors did he lose?"- I asked grimly, shadows of dark magic entwining around my hands, terrifying the courtier before me. 

He kneeled. 

"How. Many. Warriors. Did. He. Lose."- I repeated every word, growling at his silence. 

"None."- his answer was hushed, more like a whisper in an eerie quietude. 

A whisper that brought a storm to life.