𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗.

~ Brennagh ~

After investing years channelling an immense amount of my mystical energy, I had at last achieved the desired outcome – a chain woven from the darkest, most profound magic in the world.

This particular kind of chain possessed the capacity to subdue even the most untamed creatures. Its integrity was unyielding, impervious to any force, rendering escape an impossibility. The sheer, agonizing weight of these chains alone became a form of torment for the captive. 

The mastery of this intricate magic demanded an extensive period, and the meticulous crafting of these chains consumed my power daily, yet I harboured no regrets. 

Especially not when I had ensnared the King himself, the mightiest among males, endowed with a divine and lethal power, now rendered defenceless, feeble and restrained within the palm of my hand. 

The resonance of my footsteps reverberated through the chilly, damp dungeon as I entered, a malevolent smirk playing on my lips. 

Before me lay my coveted possessions.

"Ah, my esteemed guests."-  I uttered with mild amusement, relishing the dark smirk that adorned my face when the King emitted a low growl. 

His gleaming claws in the moonlight served as both a warning of his wrath and a fervent desire to rend me apart.

"You deceitful scoundrel!" - Erebus snarled, vehemently pulling at the oppressively heavy chains. His bare chest heaved with rage, undoubtedly fueled by the scene unfolding right in front of him.

"Yet I don't berate you for this scar, do I?" - I spoke through gritted teeth, gesturing towards the mark on my face, a testament to the claws that had left their indelible mark.

 The unsightly scar traversed from my left brow to the right side of my chin, a disfigurement that left little hope for the healer or me to restore it to its former state.

"Let her go! You have me. I agreed to be your captive. She was never meant to be here!"- every word dripped with raw rage and threat, but I remained indifferent.

"Oh no, my jewel will remain right here."-  I declared with a sinister chuckle, snapping my fingers to conjure a plush chair to seat myself.

"Firstly, I need something to ensure your compliance because, let's be honest, you would shred me to ribbons the moment you were free. The arrangement is simple now, Erebus: disobey, and your lovely gift will suffer." - I stated unapologetically, outlining rules he had no choice but to follow.

"Secondly, I require offspring—daughters to be precise. Your mate possesses a divine ability to bear healthy offspring of various kin: wolves, vampires, faes, and magi."- I explained with a malevolent smile, relishing the growl and sharp extension of his claws in response.

"Until she manages to earn my trust, she'll remain here. So, rest assured, you'll have ample opportunities to witness me fucking your beloved mate." - I taunted, pushing him to the brink. 

Excitement surged through me, anticipating the precise moment he would lose control, allowing his beast to emerge and reveal itself to me.

But, alas, however crudely and explicitly I spoke about his mate, the desire to see and touch her slender, little body, his beast persisted in remaining concealed, lurking beneath his skin as if under some control, as if it clung to something more significant.

Whatever that restraint was, I was determined to uncover and shatter it.

~ Crystal ~