𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔.

~ Basileus ~

"The faes must not have arrived yet, My Lord."- informed Azael, my counsellor, as I got off the horse, exhausted from the excruciating journey. 

"The first floor is ours. Occupy it, there are rooms for everyone. And send someone to hunt, we need a lot of grub to sustain right now since we are all weakened."- I told him, heading towards the castle of the Dagdan with guards following closely behind. 

The doors opened and I smirked, watching Erebus's hound, Dionis, stride towards me, generals close by, armed and ready to protect, but not the King. 

No, their King is the last person on earth to need protection. He is far too powerful and that power is the secret weapon that he refuses to share, to talk about or even briefly mention. 

It is their sweet Queen they are protecting with their lives. 

I knew Erebus wouldn't leave his precious gift alone. He wouldn't last an hour without her, let alone the 4 days of the journey - 2 to the Dagdan and 2 back to his realm - and however more this summit will take. 

He depends on her existence.

And the smell of sweet arousal, so light and barely noticeable, lingers in the air, confirming that his beautiful mate is indeed here and was fucked not that long ago by her lover.

"So, the ravishing Queen is indeed here."- I stated with a smug smirk that deepened once all those hounds seethed. 

"Keep our Queen's name out of your filthy mouth, Czar."- growled Dionis, unafraid to show his long and sharp canines, and I snickered. 

"I brought a gift for the new Queen. Tell your King that I expect to see him and his mate during the breakfast."- I told the male before me and passed him by, heading to my chambers to rest. 

~ Adonis ~

As soon as the sunrise approached, I was meeting up with Czar, who arrived far sooner than faes, who are represented by their Lord Vallius. 

Breakfast won't be held for another hour or two, depending on how we will advance with the discussions and dissensions. 

"I want to keep the wall. Mortals are shitty critters, I do not want my people near them."- seethed Vallius, looking at the domain of mortals with scorn, his gaze full of vexation and repugnance as he gaped at the map on the enormous table. 

"As much as I and my people would enjoy depleting every one of them of their blood, they are filthy. They are tainted in every way. I wish to have nothing to do with them, so the wall should stay precisely where it is."- stated Czar, as repulsed by despicable humans as the Lord and I.

"Assign your scholars to search through the libraries and find out all the information they can get about the wall. Its roots, its strength, its weakness - we need to know it all."- I told them and they nodded, fortunately, viewing this matter the same way I do. 

While the Lords discussed the wall, its area and incidents, my beasts growled within me and my marks tingled, overwhelming me with the amount of happiness that flowed down the bond. 

"My little star, is everything alright?"- I linked my beloved, the beasts within me purring and softening as her joy wrapped around my soul, embracing every dark piece of my heart. 

Instead of replying, she stroked our bond, kissing it without touching me physically, and Eden's purrs of pure delight filled my mind, notifying not just me, but Thanatos too that our mates are ecstatic, blissed out beyond explainable.