𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖.

~ Crystal ~

The coronation approached once the full moon anchored.

Since the earliest morning, everyone has been bursting with merriness, hope and excitement. The castle is covered with the freshest blooms, per my wish, and magnific, special ornaments as tradition demands. Every maid and servant is warbling in delight while tending to the ballroom, throneroom, banquet and all the festivities ever since the sunrise.

"What is this?"- I questioned my maids as they helped me to lie in the bath.

"Milk, honey and jasmine oil, Your Highness. It is for your skin, as well as for you to calm down and relax."- Demetria explained while Luticia and Claudia kept bringing items to us.

I pulled my knees to my chest, my cheek against my hand as I gazed at the fragrant liquid that I am nestled into while my maids tended to me. After a long while of bathing and preening, I was wrapped in the soft robe and guided to my vanity, where the final preparations began.

"Where are the tailors?"- grumbled Luticia in displeasure, counting every second, and just then, someone knocked on the door.

"At last."- mumbled Claudia, rushing to open the doors to let 10 tailors in with my gown nestled in their hands.

Tailors helped me to wear the dress with tenderness and scrupulousness, the fabric too precious and luxurious to be ruined by a thoughtless motion.

"Have you lost weight again, Your Highness?"- asked Audra, the principal seamstress, in horror, watching the loose fabric around my waist, and I pouted, tracing the outline with my fingertips.

I felt guilty and terrible for making the tailors fix my gown so many times in the span of a few days, all because of my unexplainable weight loss, therefore, I have been much more attentive when it comes to my diet.

"I have been eating well and regularly these days, so I shouldn't have lost any weight."- I spoke profoundly because I truly have been making effort to remain in a good health and slender shape for days now.

"It must be a matter of how the King keeps you occupied."- said Demetria with a comforting, a little bit amused smile that each woman mirrored and I glanced away from their eyes, flushed and timid upon their revelation.

"Let's get this fixed and ready in time for the joyous night, shall we?"- stated Audra with an assuring smile and I nodded in demureness.

My measurements were taken and the dress was taken off me before the tailors got to work, crafting and assembling until, within sheer 20 minutes, my gown was ready for me.

"You look divine, Your Highness."- spoke the women around me, marvelling at me like I am all their hope and goddess, and my heart fluttered with unfamiliar sensations that brewed warmness and zeal inside my chest.

"Thank you for everything."- I said softly, smiling at my friends, and they beamed at me, joy emitting from them.

They collected their belongings and left, granting me a moment alone.

I approached the grand mirror and stilled, my breathing pausing as I gazed upon myself.

The finest silk is cold against my skin, yet I feel warmer than I ever did before. Layers of jewels and platinum thread are embedded into the fabric that clings to my thin arms, delicate chest and trim waist and pools into a beautiful creation once it passes my waistline. Diamonds with pearls incrust my earrings, pendant and ring, creating a magical shimmer worthy of majesty.