𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎.

~ Dionis ~

Absent on the summits, truant on the training grounds, impossible to link and even harder to come across face to face.

I entered the warded castle louder than yesterday, well aware that Adonis knew that I was here yet again, looking for him and his mate.

"His Highness is not holding any summits today."- Demetria said carefully, a tray with tea and cake in her hands, and I growled harshly, growing anxious with every new day like this. 

"Why?"- I asked, dismayed by such a sudden evanescence of our monarchs, who are needed now more than ever. 

"We do not know. He is with the Queen day to day and never leaves her side. They do not leave their chambers."- she informed me of things that alarmed me more than anything. 

"Is the Queen sick?"- I asked with a growl as my blood ran cold and she shook her head, her eyes full of apprehension and hope. 

"We do not think she is, but the doctor has been seen around. The seamstresses too."- Demetria said tentatively and passed the tray to Luticia, who took it to the kitchen, instead of Their Highnesses' chambers. 

My panic rose. 

My heart pounded faster. 

"Let them be. The Queen seems to need His Highness immensely these days. She becomes very sad when he leaves her side even for a minute and the King gets very furious when she is unhappy."- Demetria warned mildly, sensing that I was slamming my thoughts against his indestructible, indescribably powerful shields.

"I will return at noon."- I said quietly, troubled by a million terrors that flooded my mind, making it impossible to think of my duties. 

I spent hours on the training grounds, supervising the soldiers and sparring with them, all while counting down the seconds until I could return to the castle and seek the King and Queen. 

"Still nothing?"- Howard asked cautiously, just as worried as everyone else, and I nodded without saying a word about the doctor going in and out of the castle because that would only induce panic and fear - we do not need any of those. 

After the first week, I thought that the Queen was in the heat again, I assumed that gifts, perhaps, were built differently to carry on the bloodline, but the Queen's maids stated that gift or not, it was impossible - heat occurs once a year and she already had it. 

Once we reached the fifth month without the King's command and the Queen's care, it was impossible to hide from the people the truth. 

As soon as the clock struck 3 o'clock, I was on my way to the castle. 

~ Adonis ~

My joy. 

My sweet, precious, little joy. 

My beloved Crystal beamed at me and kissed me lovingly as I laid my hands on her round belly, feeling the first kicks of our pups. 

"They are so strong."- whispered my darling happily as I smiled and kissed her forehead, unable to do anything more than purr in pride and joy. 

"Just like their father."- she spoke sweetly, purring and placing her soft hands on mine to press them against her delicate belly.

"You made me the happiest male in the world, my precious Crystal."- I whispered, unable to stop smiling brightly as our children kicked again, header than before. 

"This is beautiful."- I said quietly, Thanatos howling in ecstasy within me as I kneeled in front of our mate and kissed her bare belly. 

"I love you and our children so much, my little star."- I spoke down our bond and caressed her 24-week belly dotingly as she stroked our bond and skimmed her thumbs over my hands.