𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕.

~ Dionis ~

The Queen was staying in the camp with her mate.

The sudden change of heart was baffling, but I couldn't force myself to care because all that mattered was her safety and only he could guarantee it.

And since Her Highness was staying here, I could return to my official duties as Beta and command the Army, train the warriors and maintain order in the camp.

This was the position far more fitting for me.

I walked among my soldiers, supervising their training as they fought with swords, each of them was swift, calculated and precise - the result of being trained day and night by the King himself. 

Well, almost all of them. 

The sheer whiff of a female's scent was enough for four of the soldiers to get distracted and earn lacerations from their comrades.  

The Queen, dressed in a less formal, yet as elegant as ever dark blue gown, came to the training grounds with a towel for her mate, who did not hesitate to display his claim over her very explicitly and clearly.

"To stand a chance at winning this war, your heart must wear a shield of steel. You cannot get distracted so goddamn easily."- I growled in a warning and commanded to start from the beginning, needing them to be heartless, the most brutal versions of themselves on that battlefield.

Magi wouldn't hesitate to serve our heads, so why should we?

~ Adonis ~

Ever since last night, after Thanatos had Eden, I had been hungering for my mate. 

The desire coursed through me in overwhelming waves that got harder to control with every minute passing by. 

It was not the craving that I was familiar with. It was too powerful and consuming. It felt like my body, heart and soul ached every second when I was not buried deep inside my Crystal. 

I was too weak to deny myself a taste of my soulmate.

With one fluid motion, I hoisted my mate up in my arms and took her to our tent without looking back, unbothered by my Beta's eyes following me.

~ Crystal ~

Devoured. 

I felt devoured.

My back arched and I moaned in delight, my fingers racking through my mate's silky hair as he ravished me, his muscular arms tightly wrapped around my thighs, keeping my legs spread wide open for him. 

"Adonis, by the moon, yes, yes."- purrs, whimpers and moans blended in one as my beloved mate feasted on me with starvation, his mouth and tongue all over me, bringing me over the edge again and again. 

I squirmed and moaned, unable to catch my breath as Adonis pulled me closer and buried his perfect face deeper between my thighs that trembled. 

"My treasure, my love."- I moaned in pleasure, wailing when he kissed my clit and licked it, his raspy, deep growls fueling my arousal and cravings. 

"That's my good, little mate. Give me your sweet, wet pussy. Let me revel in your honeyed taste."- his words of praise and encouragement were enough to drive me wild, proof of that was my wetness and the undeniable hunger in my eyes.

"So fucking beautiful. That's it, my precious Crystal, spread your legs wider, show me your perfect, tight pussy."- Adonis growled against my core and licked me up and down, collecting every drop, and I whimpered, liquefying under his praise and compliments.