𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔.

~ Crystal ~

The scent of bergamot revived my senses gently. A soft, heavy duvet enveloped my small body, its smell so familiar and soothing that I sighed in pleasure and nuzzled into the downy pillow by my side.

My mind was muddled and every bone in my body ached with a weariness that made it seem like I had never slept a wink in my life. With a great struggle, my eyes fluttered open and I blinked, unable to recognise my surroundings, but hyperaware of one thing only. 

My mate is here.

The sole thought brought tears to my eyes that skimmed over everything that belonged to my mate in the luxurious, war tent - from his weapons to his clothing. 

He found me. 

"My treasure."- I whispered down our bond, whimpering and crying when he instantly stroked it tenderly and reached down the ties to wrap his love around me and Eden. 

"My love."- my whisper was faint and tears streamed down my face faster as his love embraced my soul while his presence neared me faster and faster until, at last, the entrance to the tent opened and my beloved treasure came in. 

I broke. 

I pushed the covers off myself and bolted out of the bed, my legs too tired to keep me upright, let alone run anywhere, but it didn't matter because he gathered me in his strong arms and held me tight, as tight as I needed to feel him and forget the horror I had witnessed and felt. 

"Shh, my sweet Crystal. We are alright. You are safe and I am right here."- each word was all I craved to hear as I shook my head vehemently while running my hands all over him, caressing him in despair, longing and need. 

I cupped his handsome face in my hands and kissed him hard, tasting him with greed, hunger and love coursing through my body. My tears dropped onto his cheeks and lips, but by the moon, neither of us cared as we devoured each other, teeth and tongues colliding. 

"You were all I thought about when I was running. You and our pups were all I could think of as I ran into the darkness of the woods."- words poured out of me as I wept and whimpered, shaking from the cold or fear, I couldn't make it out. 

"You found me."- I whispered tearfully as his large, powerful hand skimmed over my belly, palming it from the side.

"I will always find you, my precious gift."- his statement was a vow that the fire in his stormy eyes mirrored, proving to me that he would. 

He would shatter the world into pieces to find me and take me back home.

My lips moulded into his ravenously and his tongue licked my bottom lip, seeking entrance that I was quick to give him. I hooked my arms around his neck, whimpering in yearning for him when he bent down and gripped the back of my thighs to lift me up and take me to the bed. 

"Take it all off."- I begged through ragged breaths, tugging and pulling at his shirt, untucking it from his trousers, and he growled lowly, a wave of his power surrounding us, concealing our scents from the males outside this tent. 

He gripped his shift at the back and with one fluid motion took it off, his torso, mighty and hard, bare for my hands and lips to explore. I leaned down and kissed the planes of his chest, his collarbones, throat and shoulders, starved for the feeling of home. 

~ Adonis ~

The black shirt of mine that she wore to bed was torn in half and my mouth was on her firm, small breasts, devouring what was mine