"I Think He's Very Fond Of You"

My phone vibrates from under my pillow, I pull it out and see mom is calling. I answer while widely yawning,

"Hi honey how are you?"

"Hi mom I'm good, how are you?"

"Im great, your father and I are going to the beach tomorrow so I'm packing my suitcase at the moment"

"The beach? In January?"

"Yes, I love going for strolls on the beach on a cool morning, But anyways, how's your mission going?"

"It's going alright, I don't think I'll be home for a while though"

"That's too bad, hopefully you'll be back before Easter"

"I hope so too"

"So, any news?... any boys?" I can hear her smiling through the phone

I look over to see ghost asleep in his bed

"Nope, none"

"Oh come on there's not even one?"

I look over again to make sure he's still asleep

"Ok fine, there's one guy" I whisper, "But I can't talk about it right now"

"Ok sweetie, stay safe, love you"

"Love you mom" 

I hang up and check the time, it's 12pm, wow, we all slept in a lot. I get out of bed and walk into to the bathroom across the hall, as I'm on the toilet, I remember that I haven't eaten in over a day as I was too embarrassed to go into the kitchen since last night. I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I fix my braid by brushing the loose hairs that got free from me sleeping and I go into the kitchen. I see Price sitting on his own at the table eating toast and drinking tea. He looks quite hungover.

"Good to have you back lieutenant L/n"

"It's good to be awake again" I say laughing a little, "how was the bar last night?"

"It was great, there was lots of singing and there was something called GAA on the Tv, it's like soccer but you can pick up the ball, I think it's an Irish sport" 

"Sounds interesting"

"I actually quite enjoyed watching it"

"Even more than soccer?"

"Maybe"..."I see someone braided your hair?"

"Oh yea Ghost did it" 

"I think he's very fond of you" he says smirking

"Shut up no he isn't" I  say trying to hide my smile, "He was drunk, drunk people do weird things"

"But he wasn't drunk when he did it, it was before we left"

"Oh..." I don't know how to respond 

"We'll, I'm going for a shower,  are you sure you feel ok after what happened?"

"Yes I feel better after a sleep, I just need some food now"

"Alright, see you in a while"

I take out a frying pan and put it on the hob, how the hell do you work this thing, I press a few buttons and I finally get it to turn on. I pour some oil onto The pan and it starts sizzling, I take some rashers out of the fridge and lay a few onto the hot oil. I watch them cook, turning them every so often while looking at my phone. I make myself a cup of tea and sit at the table with the smell of rashers filling the kitchen. When I'm eating my last rasher, I hear a door open down the corridor, Ghost walks into the kitchen. He avoids eye contact with me completely as he takes an apple out of the fruit bowl from beside the microwave.

"Morning" I say

"Hello" he doesn't even look at me as he walks out the door while taking a bite out of his apple

What's wrong with him? I didn't do something did I? Was I the one that was drunk? I've got to stop thinking like that, it's not my fault, he's just in a bad mood. I finish my food and I turn on the tv to watch something, i'm still pretty tired from what happened, I feel my eyelids start to get heavy and I eventually fall asleep curled up in a ball with the tv in the background.

...

...

I open my eyes and I immediately notice it's dark outside, how long was I asleep for? Since it's January, the time could be anywhere in between 6pm and 6am considering it's still winter. I sit up and notice Ghost is sitting by my legs watching the tv

"What time is it?"

"Seven"

"Pm?"

"Mhm"

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing"

"Do you even remember last night"

"Yes"

"Are we going to talk about it?"

"If you really want to"

"I'm not going to force you Ghost"

"Ok" 

"You called me beautiful"

...

"I know"

"Thanks, that was nice of you, and to braid my hair"

"No problem" he hasn't looked at me once

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" 

"I'm sure"

"We'll it's just that you don't see-"

I'm interrupted by him standing up and walking out of the room, I sigh loudly and run a hand over my head, then I notice that my hair has been done again, this time in two French braids. I contort my face into a confused look, why is he doing my hair for me, but being such a dick?

This man confuses me