Code Flour

My phone alarm screams into my ear at 5am, I got 3 hours of sleep last night and something tells me I'm not going to do well on this mission. I hit the stop button and stand up from the mattress. I pull the curtains open and see a small bit of light on the horizon. There's a white cat sitting under a tree and I smile a little as I know in Spain, white cats mean good luck. Maybe today will actually go well.

I look over to Gabriella. But she's not there, the bed is unmade and empty and the pillow and sheets are missing. I furrow my brows, where the fuck is she gone now. I get dressed as quickly as I can and I tie my hair up. I knock on Simons door to make sure he's awake. The door creaks open slightly revealing Gabriella in her pyjamas with the worst case of bed head I've ever seen.

"What are you doing in here?" I say

"I couldn't sleep so Simon let me sleep on the floor beside him" she says, still half asleep

"It's mission day, you shouldn't have interrupted him"

"Simon said he didn't mind" she says in a childish tone

"He doesn't like strangers calling him Simon"

"I'm not a stranger" she furrows her brows 

"You met us yesterday"

"So?"

I sigh "excuse me" I say trying to slide past her

She puts her hand out

"No don't, he's sleeping"

"We'll no shit girl" I say "I need to wake him up"

"It's ok I'll do it" she crosses her arms

"Just go back to my room ok?"

She rolls her eyes thinking I don't notice and leaves the room. I approach Simons bed and I see him curled up on his side breathing shallow breaths. I put my hand on his shoulder and watch him 

"Simon" I whisper

His eyes fly open and he sits up

"Oh hi" he says looking at me

"What the fuck is she sleeping in here for?" 

"She came in and refused to leave, she said the bed was too uncomfortable" he says not looking me in the eye

"Uncomfortable my ass, can't you tell she's fucking obsessed with you?"

"Me?" 

"No. price...yes you"

He grunts a little

"What so you like her too?" I say a snarky, attitude in my voice

"What? No"

...

"Get up" I say walking to the door

I eat some cereal in the kitchen and I get my guns ready. My job today is to enter the building with Soap, Price, Alejandro and Rodolfo. Price is letting König be the other Sniper with Ghost today and Gaz is going to be waiting outside the building as backup. Sucks to be him.

"Ok are we all ready?" Says Price at 6am

"Yes sir" we say together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride is bumpy and shakey, im squashed in between the door and Gabriella and I'm so mad that Price let her come with us. At least he's making her stay in the car while we do our thing. He said I have to find her a car or something so she can get home later. I have the urge to just shove her in a car and drive her off a cliff. The car is silent apart from the shifting of the metal as we drive over bumps in the small road. The sun is now peaking over the horizon as we enter the town. A few people are walking around and the small stalls along the road are just opening.  The smell of pastries wafts in the half open window as we drive by the bakery and I long for a croissant. 

"Guys, if you spot anything out of place, radio me and say code flour" says Price

"Can we not just tell you what's wrong?" Says König

"No, if they get a hold of one of our radios, they'll know our plan"

The car slows down outside the old flour mill outside of the town and we all hop out, slinging our guns over our backs