Kaboom

[an] y'all have waited for so long, but here it is, Ik it'll take a while for people to realise I'm updating this book again but it is what it is.

I crack an eye open from my bed, spotting something moving outside my window.

"Hello?" I say

No answer

I slip the thin sheet off me and place my feet onto the ground. I cautiously creep towards the door, being careful not to make any noise doing so. I listen through to door, my ear trying to grasp at any noise possible. When I hear nothing I open the door and peek out.

"Y/n, my bed shook" whimpers Karrie, staring up at me with small eyes.

"What?" I say, still half asleep

"It felt like it was rumbling"

I think I now know what the letter from Hassan was

Suddenly, a massive rumble erupts from the ground, the tremors sprouting up my legs into my spine.

"Shit! Wake up everyone" I say to her as I run in the opposite direction towards simons hut

"Get up now!" I shout, shaking his shoulder as hard as I can

"It's a fucking volcanic island" I add as he shoots up out of his bed, pulling on his tactical gear.

"Goddamn I didn't think that's what they were talking about in the letter"

"Meet me at the dock in five" I say hurriedly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Price, Simon, Alejandro, Rudy, soap, Karrie, König and I and all standing around on the beach,wondering what the fuck were going to do.

"This whole island is going to be covered in molten lava in who knows how long and we have no way to get out of here" complains Soap "we've been here for a whole month and we still haven't tried anything"

"What are we supposed to try Johnny? If we built a boat it would just sink with the amount of people here" says Price.

"But that still doesn't change the fact we haven't tried anything" könig adds in.

"Right, I promise you all that we will try find signal soon" Price says sarcastically "it's not like we're going to be melted into human ingots soon"

"Shut up price, we're not going to die this soon. Im just surprised we haven't seen this coming for ages, the smell of sulphur, the animals staying away from the mountai- the volcano. And the fact the people that lived here evacuated" I say

"Yeah I'm surprised too, and we need to get back so we can actually do what we came out here to do" says Rudy.

I think for a moment, if I can remember, my fourteen year old self used to do geography in school, it can be days or weeks until the volcano erupts after the first trembles.

"We could have days or weeks until this thing goes kaboom" I say, "we can't be for sure but we can start by using the metal in the guns to make a massive antenna for our coms devices"

"Well done y/n, if only we did this last month, I miss my bed back in the base" says Soap

"Well now that we know it's not going to errupt for another few days, can we start un assembling our empty guns" says Price.

We all walk back to camp, going our separate ways. I walk past the big fallen tree that Simon placed Gabriella behind when she died last month. It creeps me out that I can still see dents in the sand from where she lay. We buried her a bit into the forest beside a big red oak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(4 weeks earlier)

We sit in silence around a campfire beside the empty huts, nobody says anything, we just watch the flames flicker and dance as their smoke twirls into the air. There's an elephant in the room that I or anyone else wants to bring up, but Price finally speaks up.

"Where will we put her" he says quietly, not needing to say her name for us to know what he's talking about.

I look at everyone across the campfire, they all look distraught

"How about beside the big oak near the coastline" I suggest

"Yeah, we'll burry her tomorrow morning" Soap says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Does anyone want to say anything" Price says

...

"Sorry for being a bitch" I say, looking down at the pile of freshly placed soil covering her body.

I look over to Simon, expecting a small smile even, but nothing, his face is stone cold. I look back at the grave, the little stick with a piece of wood tied into it saying,

"Rest in peace Gabriella"

My mind flashes back to 10 years ago, I was 15 years old, standing in the rain watching flowers being thrown onto the shiny wooden coffin that's six foot deep in the dirt, I stand in shock as the soil rains down on the lid, sounds of she shovels scraping against the little stones in the ground. I feel tears filling my eyes. No. I can't let them spill. Eva would hate me for crying at her funeral. She'd want me to be happy.

"I'll finally be gone soon"

I stare at the message shining on my phone screen

"Gone where" I reply

"The sky" she says

"Eva no please" I beg as realisation slaps me in the face,

I call her, again, again, again.

No answer.

I start to scream, my parents come running into my room,

"No. No no no no no no NO NO NO NO" I grab my hair and pull it as I curl up on my side.

"Y/n!? What's happening?" My mom shouts over my cries

"SHES DEAD" I wail, my words barely escaping my mouth