The Squint

It's dark now so I shut my curtains over the balcony door. I go back downstairs after spending a while on my phone to calm down and I smell the food the minute I open the door. I see a few pizza boxes littered on the table along with chips, nuggets and burgers. I lick my lips as I take a seat in front of mine, the cheese and vegetables sticking out from the sides of the meat. 

"I was just about to call you" smiles Price, taking a seat across from me 

I nod at him in acknowledgment, my mouth full. Simon comes out of the sitting room with Soap and I give a slight smile at him to offer him the seat beside me. He gives a quick smile back and quickly looks away. He then sits in between Rodolfo and Gabriella. My heart drops a little, what's wrong with him today? Maybe he's having a hard day, I'll talk to him later. 

Gabriella turns her head to him,

"Mm this pizza is amazing" she says, waving her stupid fucking pepperoni slice around,

"I know" says Simon "what place is this from?"

"I can't read Spanish you dope, I don't know" says Soap

Silence settles over us as we all eat our food, munching noises escaping everyone's mouths. I finish my burger and I put my plate in the sink

"König, your turn for washing up" says Soap

He groans in response "Isn't it Y/n's go?"

"Oh yes I forgot, Y/n?"

"Yeah I heard you" I say, turning the water to hot and adding dish soap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I completely forgot that there's a beach right beside us, I hop off the couch and grab a towel from the press in the bathroom. 

"Simon wanna come to the beach with me"

"I'm alright, I'm a bit tired sorry"

"No it's fine, don't worry" I say hiding my disappointment.

Him, Gabriella and Rodolfo are sitting together on the couch watching something on the tv and I don't like how close she is to Simon, her left leg is pressing against his knee and I know she knows what she's doing. I squeeze my fists together in an attempt to calm myself, Simon isn't even moving his leg away from her. Unless he hasn't noticed but that's not possible. If someone walked in it almost would look like they are leaning against each other. 

Clenching my jaw, I leave the house with my towel, phone and book in hand. I look in the window as I walk by and see that Rodolfo left the room, leaving them together...alone. Something funny must be on Tv because Gabriella starts laughing, Simon only chuckled a little, but it still makes me angry. The Tv is casting a light onto their faces so they mustn't be able to see me outside. I walk off angrily towards the beach.

I lay my towel down and I sit on top of it. I open my book and continue reading the next chapter of it, for some reason I just can't concentrate on any of the words, my mind just keeps wandering off and I only realise I've drifted when my phone light stops illuminating the pages in front of me. I scoff and press the on button. It doesn't turn on.

"Ugh!" I shout, sitting in darkness.

I stand up and pull my towel off the ground, sand flies into my eyes from the towel and I drop my phone in the sand.

Mumbling curses, I fold the towel and pick my phone off the ground. I start walking back to the house only 10 minutes after I left. I make my way home using the small lamps along the walking path until I reach the front door. I open it and I try to close it without slamming it and letting my frustration out. I shove the towel into the washing machine and I stomp upstairs to my room.

I open the door and I see Gabriella sitting on my bed reading a book, one of my books that I had stored in my drawers.

"Oh hi, back so soon?"

I calm myself before answering her,

"Yeah my phone died" I say with almost no emotion

"That's terrible, I'd hate for that to happen to me"

"Sorry but I think I'm going to go to bed now so is it ok if I..." I say nodding to my bed that she's sitting on.

"Oh Price told me that I could sleep here since I'm the guest" her voice goes up an octave at 'I'm the guest'

...

"You could just sleep on that?" She points to the air mattress 

"Yeah" I say walking over to my drawers. I take out some shorts and a jumper.

I change in the bathroom and I go back downstairs before going to bed.

"Who the fuck told her she could sleep in my bed?" I say to the men in the sitting room 

"I did, Y/n it's only for a few nights relax" says Price

"She's probably going to take a steaming shit on my sheets" I complain

Soap starts giggling as I say that

"Leave her alone, she's actually nice" says Simon turning to me

My stomach twists and I raise an eyebrow trying to hold in my anger.

"Nice? She's out to get me!" 

Rodolfo is looking at me, his eyes wide. This is his first time seeing me angry and I don't think he's enjoying it.

Simon laughs slightly, now he's sent me over the edge

I squint me eyes at him, what's he at.

"Woah Ghost, there's the squint, you've really pissed her off this time" says Gaz

"Shut up Gaz your not in this conversation" I look at him without moving my head,

He puts his hands up in mock defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I twist and turn under the sheets of the hard mattress, I look over to Gabriella  and see her breathing is long and even. She's asleep. I look at my phone and it tells me it's 1am. I can't sleep here any longer so I leave the room and I knock quietly on Simons door,

"Come in" I hear through the door

I open it and step inside,

Simon sits up in bed, rubbing his face

"Can I please sleep here, I cannot sleep on that rock of a bed"

"I'd let you but I really need to get some sleep for tomorrow, I'm sorry" he says quietly

"I'm sorry for getting angry at you" I mumble

"It's ok, I'll see you tomorrow" he says lying back down

I go back into my room and try multiple attempts at sleeping until I finally fall asleep at around 2am. Gosh I don't know what's gotten into him in the last day, but hopefully he'll be better tomorrow.