"I Can Tell You Have A Crush On Him"

I'm laying in bed when I hear a knock on the door

"Come in" I say 

Ghost walks in and squats down beside me, trying to make eye contact

"Price has a new lead to where Hassan could be, he says someone sent him an email saying he's in Spain"

"We're going to Spain?" My eyes light up, I love Spain, I love the food and the people and just their overall culture.

"Yes, maybe. Come on there's a meeting"

"Ok, I'll be out in a minute"

He nods and stands up, he leaves the room closing the door behind him. I sit up and use the toilet quickly. I join the men in the sitting room and they're all in a circle over the small coffee table by the couch, I stand behind them watching as they plan out were and when to go.

"Ok boys and y/n, I've confirmed that the tip-off is real and we are heading to Spain first thing tomorrow morning, Ghost, y/n and me are joining Laswell at a warehouse where we think Hassan is storing a missile, it will be heavily guarded, so thats why I'll be up on the upper cliffs keeping watch. If any of you are wondering where we are staying, it's in a nice small house near Barcelona, we have an opportunity to go to the beach while we are there as well"

My stomach flutters, I'm so happy to be going somewhere warm this time, and a beach? This mission will be great.

"Sir, will we be be staying there for the same amount of time we've stayed here or longer?" Says Soap

"I'm not sure, we've been here for over a week, so maybe longer"

Soap nods and we all stand up, going off doing our own things. I retreat back to our room, I pack some of my clothes back into my suitcase and I lay out my clothes that I'm wearing tomorrow. I go into the bathroom and take my toothbrush and other toiletries and I put them into my random bag I have for these kind of things. I put that into my suitcase too. I check the time and it's only 5pm so I decide to go into the town to buy some swimming togs for when we go to the Beach.

"Where are you off to?" Says Ghost sitting at the table in the kitchen, he looks bored. I'm putting on my coat as I answer him

"Into town because I need to buy clothes for Spain"

"Can I come with you? I need to get things too"

"Sure, I'm going with my friend Rachel too so..."

"Who's Rachel?"

"I met her at the bar the other night, she really nice, she said we should have a girls trip out some day so here we are"

"Ok but I'm not following you both into makeup shops, I'll just walk with you until we get to town"

"Nahh, you should meet her, just for a minute. I was telling her about you the other night, she wants to meet you" I fully know I'm just lying about talking about him to her just so I can keep our conversation going, but who cares.

"What we're you saying about me" he puts his phone down, trying to hide his smile and bringing his attention fully to me.

"Oh you know, that your really nice and stuff"

"Aw so you think I'm really nice?" I feel myself start to blush as he sarcastically batts his eyelids at me

"Of course I do, if I said you weren't nice I'd be lying"

I cringe as I try to forget the times before we came to Ireland where he was terribly rude to me, and the time I hit his foot with a brush, he really wasn't happy about that. Or when I accidentally opened the door to the bathroom while he was naked. Or  when I fell asleep on his shoulder on the plane. The memories keep bouncing back up at me. 

"Are you coming?"

"I'll be right behind you" he says

I open the front door and notice it's even colder today, it's odd how January is colder than December here. I turn around to see him in a gym-shark coat and a hat over his mask

"Let's go" he says walking out the door

We stroll together down the road, I find his presence comforting, calming, soothing. I like being around him. When I first met him, he seemed so mean and confrontative, like he could bite me at any second. Now I've learned that he's actually so sweet and kind, I think I can forgive him for being such a dick a few days ago.

We reach the town after about 10 minutes of walking. I see Rachel outside the bar and I wave at her from across the road, she waves back, inviting us over to sit with her, I sit across from Ghost and Rachel sits at the end of the table. I see her checking Ghost out but I know she can tell theres something between us, even if it's a sliver of a crush, she can probably tell because she says nothing to him until I introduce him.

"This is Ghost" I say gesturing at him, he puts his hand out to shake hands with her but she laughs and turns it into fist bump,

"Nice to meet yeh Ghost, so, what are yee? Couple? Friends with benefits? Or just friends"

"Oh my god Rachel stop it" I laugh, pretending it didn't bother me, I am jumping off a cliff. "we're just friends" I look at him and smile, he smiles back through his mask.

"Lovely, now, what shop are we going to first? Are you coming with us?" She looks to Ghost

"No, I'm going shopping in different shops" he says

"That's grand" she says. We both stand up and make our way to the nearest clothes shop. I see Ghost walking into mens cologne shop across the way from us.

"Hun, I can tell you have a crush on him" 

I spin around and give her a fake look of shock

"How'd you know?" I ask now genuinely wondering

"The way you two look at each other, it just screams 'look at us! We are a couple'"

"Ugh, I don't want to be a sappy suck up to him, why can't I look at his eyes like a normal person'"

"I'm not sure if he likes you tho, I can hardly read any emotion off his face because of that mask, but you never know"

"We'll... we were cuddling last night" I say while picking up a nice red party dress, this'll be great for Spain.

"Oh gal, there's deffo something between you two"

"You think so?"

"I know so" she smiles