Chapter 9

Kamso

"Oh my God, Ij." I said "l have never been so embarrassed in my entire life."

I was making my bed preparing for bed whille we talked about what happened in class during night prep. The hostel was already noisy to begin with and I could hear my name being mentioned here and there.

"And nurse didn't even help matters. That woman loves to gossip." I plopped down on my bed and held my pllow to my chin.

"l have to agree with you. The two things she loves most, gossiping and flirting with that man with big head, Mr Joseph." She said and I laughed at that.

"But seriously girl, the way SP held you this afternoon and then this night, what were you expecting?"

"He was just helping me. Ij, you of all people saw that first hand." I said shivering a little as I recalled howI felt in his arms. My clumsiness was finally helping out.

"It's still the same thing, He was holding you and both of you were looking into each others eyes like in the movies." She said sighing dramatically.

"Stop it." I laughed again. Then I removed my slippers and tucked my legs under me reaching for my pillow again.

"IJ, what if he doesn't feel the same way.
What if he–"

"Don't even go there. He has to feel something too. I mean he was stealing glances at you the entire time. And then at one point, it seemed he couldn't take his
eyes off you."

I noticed that too. The whole time he stood outside he was looking at me. My heart still jumped at the thought. He was so handsome.

"Hey. Earth to Kamso." I blinked and saw Ij waving her hand at my face. I pushed them off and shot her a glare.

"You always tend to zone off when we talk about Mike."

"Anyway, you've killed me Ij. I've been begging you to help me redo my hair for ages." I pulled my mirror from under the bed and looked at my hair.

"How did that one enter the discussion?" She said with a frown.

"He was standing this close to me. Like look at all these undergrowth, just look at my edges."

"Omo girl, you've lost it." Ij muttered under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear.

But before I could reply, I saw them running inside the hostel noisily. All of them, Amanda, Adaeze and Chioma. Immediately I lay down and shut my eyes pretended to be fast asleep.

Ij and I were in the same hostel while the three of them stayed in another hostel.

"Girl I don't care if you're in dreamland oo. Better wake up and gist us." Adaeze shouted shaking me furiously.

I could hear lj laughing, that traitor. Chioma jumped on my well made bed and I almost cried. Amanda sat on lj's bed.

"Fine, fine l'm awake." I said finally giving up. These girls can stress someone.

"So you were forming before?" Amanda said.

"Before nko? And she'll say we're her friends, yeye chaid." Adaeze said taking my pillow from me. Why na?

We stayed awake until two in the morning. I only hoped that I was not going to sleep in class the next day.

***************************

Midterm drew nearer and I was just so excited. Nothing has happened between Mike and I since that day. We meet for our physics lessons and sometimes we talk. Strictly physics though but apart from that, nothing.