Chapter 23

Kamso

"And we're back!" Ij shouted as she stormed into the hostel with some other girls.

"Oh my God! Ij how was it?" I said throwing my books aside and rushing to her.

"What I'd just love right now is a hot bath and a long rest." She said putting down her bag.

"Seriously babe, how was it?" We both sat down and I crossed my leg and waited for her story.

"It was fine. I don't want to start hyping about it only for the result to come out and to find out I didn't do well."

I laughed at her expression "Why won't you do well in it?"

"Kamso don't start with me oo. I heard Miriam, got 246."

"Which of the Miriams?" We had two girls in our set by the name Miriam.

"Ah ah? Our class Miriam na. The so called intelligent one. She'll be going around forming the smartest student only to write JAMB and score 246, can you imagine?"

"Ij, this is unlike you oo."

"Don't give me that oo. When she'll be looking down on others she didn't know."

"246 is not that bad a score."

"Would you like to score the same?"

"God forbid."

"Ehen."

"I got this for you. I thought you would be hungry when you get back" I said reaching for my back and bringing out the soft drinks and meat pie I got for her.

"Ah! What are friends for eh? Sweety, I love you." She said hugging me.

I rolled my eyes, this girl sef. No foodie like her. "You love me abi the things I bought for you."

"Both sef. But let me have a bath first. Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now go and have a bath, you smell horrible." I said pushing her off me.

"I don't."

"Yes, you do. What of Mike?" He had his exams today as well and I hope it went well for him seeing that he spent his entire time yesterday, talking with me.

"Well he should have written well I guess. You're not going to class?"

"No, I'm so tired. Night prep perhaps."

She nodded and went to the bathroom and I went back to my books. I still had a few days before my exam date and I was so nervous.

When Icame to class for night prep, Mike was on the corridor with Kanayo. Before my friendship with Mike, I never thought much of Kanayo. He was your stereotypical 'bad boy' toyed with girls and made a lot of noise during lessons.

But after getting to know him, I guess he wasn't that bad. Plus he didn't have that much girlfriends as people said.

"Later." Mike said to him and Kanayo rolled his eyes and turned to me.

"Hey pretty girl." He said taking my books for me.

"Hey yourself bad boy" I said smiling. Yeah, Kanayo was a softie inside.

Mike coughed and glared at him discreetly and Kanayo shrugged and stood where he was.

"You know, if he hadn't met you first, I would totally be your person." Kanayo winked at me and I laughed softly.

"Well it's a shame we didn't meet first. You would have made me a wonderful boyfriend Kay." I said to Kanayo using his nickname.

"Abi? It's not too late though. When you're tired of him, just give me a holler."

My Forever Crushजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें