Chapter 19

Kamso

When Mike pointed to the direction of the person calling me and I finally recognized him, I was so happy to see him. Chimzi was one of my friends in my former school at Port Harcourt. Oh My God.

I ran to where he stood and hugged him so tightly. I missed all my friends, when my dad died, things spiraled down the drain for my mum. We came back so quickly that I didn't even have the opportunity to bid farewell to my friends.

It happened during the long vacations after our JSS1. And seeing Chimzi here made me sooo happy.

"Oh my God, Chimzi. Longest time, it's been what? four years?"

"Yes. God I've missed you so much Kamso." He said pulling me into another hug.

"'I've missed you too Chimzi." I muffled into his chest.

"You don't act like it though. You left without a word and you didn't even keep in touch." He said running his hands through my hair.

In case you're wondering, no Chimzi and I were not like..y'know. We just grew up together so we were that close.

"You didn't even grow an inch, Kamso. I can practically hit top of your head with my jaw." He teased and placed his jaw atop my head.

I narrowed my eyes at him "I did grow, three inches or four." And he started laughing.

"It's not funny. So you grew up to a handsome bobo. The Chimzi I knew was all big head and lanky hands." I teased him too.

"Who are you calling big head eeh?"

"See, you're even sporting bear bear." I said touching his beard."I fear for dem girls oo. Tell me, how many hearts have you broken mm?"

"Just a few." He said proudly and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll just send them your baby pictures and it will quench every feeling. Big head like you."

We stood opposite to my school mates. And because I had my eyes on them, I hooked my arms with his and walked along the path.

The evening breeze was so nice, and seeing Chimzi took me back to PH. Schooling with normal people. I remember how we used to meet after school, and one other of our friends, Ona. How much I've missed them over the years.

I played a lot back then, I remembered. Realizing how much this my new school changed me. Break period in my former school was us doing some games, a lot of games. Here, break time was for buying stuff, eating, gossiping. I still like it don't get me wrong.

And as I stood with him at the other side while looking over to where my classmates stood, the remaining hurt that I didn't even realize I had, just fell off me like spring water on a rock. That the closest thing I can use to explain what I felt at that moment.

Ij was chatting away as usual, Chioma and Amanda came by the way, Ada couldn't join us. Kanayo stood beside one of the senior girls. Everly, I'm not surprised at all. Even when I looked at Chidimma Obi and her minions, they were part of my life now. Lastly, I looked at Micheal.

He had shorts and a shirt, unbuttoned all the way to show the sleeveless shirt he had under. The cool evening breeze tossed his shirt around. He looked up from his phone at that moment and my heart skipped a beat.

I realized that even though I missed my old school and friends and life, I'd actually settled into this life. And I loved it.

"So where are you staying now?" Chimzi asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Awka, Anambra state." I said and he nodded.

"Kaima and your brothers nko? Mummy bueze too. How is everyone?" He asked smiling. "Did Kaima come with you?"