Chapter 31

Kamso

"Knock knock" My mum said and entered the room I shared with Kaima.

"Mum, this one you're knocking?" She smiled and came in. She stood there looking around and me, I was just thinking of what she wanted.

"Do you think this room would be spacious enough for three?"

Ha, I hope it was not one of our many relatives that is coming to stay with us o0. Hmm, me I don tire, the other time our grandma visited, she even stayed in our room and it was as uncomfortable as hell.

There were only four rooms in the house, you should know already we weren't that rich. Bueze had one room to himself, perks of being the first child and first son. Bundo and Buzo shared a room. Then my mum had one to herself.

"Mum, the room is small for Kaima and I as it is." Then I muttered under my breath

"I just hope it's not one of those our nosey relatives."

My mum just chuckled "You've not spoken to your friend Ij, recently have you?"

"Ij? No, not recently. Why?" I was surprised as to why she was mentioning Ij.

"Well her parents are going through the divorce process, and her mum wants her out of the hostile environment. She's asking whether Ij can stay with us for sometime."

"Well of course she can stay. There's enough space for her."

"Hmm, that wasn't what you said few minutes ago." My mum raised her brows and I smiled and shrugged. Well it's not the same thing.

"She's coming today." She said and turned to leave "You and Kaima should get this room tidied up."

I got up immediately and started tidying the room but on second thoughts, mtcheww. What am I doing sef, is it not Ij again? Biko I don't care whether the room was tidy or not. I dumped the clothes back on Kaima's bed and picked up my phone.

Ij, you didn't tell me you were coming over to stay. It's not fair na. –K

It was going to be a surprise, but now you
know. Guess your mum mentioned it? –Ij

She did. How are you feeling about the whole
thing anyway? –K

Let's talk about it when get there. –Ij

Of course. See ya. –K

A thought struck me just when I put my phone down and I smiled. Hehe, homecoming present for my bestie.

"Kamso, come and help your friend with her luggage!" My mum shouted and I jumped from my bed to the window.

I opened the curtain and sure enough, her mum's car was outside. She's here. I went to the mirror and practiced the look I wanted. There, perfect.

"Good morning aunty." I greeted lj's mum. Then I went out and grabbed a few of her things.

"Kamso, are you alright dear? You look sick."

Ij's mother said and they all turned to look at me. They being my mum, lj and Bueze who was there in the sitting room.

"I'm fine ma. Just a bit tired."

"Ok. Just make sure you get enough of rest and drink a lot of water too. Children these days, they spend a lot of time with their phones."

"Is it not what I tell her all the time?" My mum added and I shook my head.

"Let's go." I mouthed to lj and she nodded.

"Bye mum." She said to her mother before joining me.

"Enjoy your stay dear."